Gophers get overall #1 seed

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Take on Robert Morris in the first round Saturday in St. Paul. Could take on St. Cloud St. in the 2nd round.

Wisconsin gets the final #1 seed and has to take on North Dakota in the first round. That could be interesting.

I have to say, I am so happy to see a UW/UND matchup in the first round. The fact that one of them is guaranteed to lose makes me smile.

ESPN had a video where they picked the frozen four. Picked Wisconsin to beat Minnesota in Pittsburgh, and Union to win it all.

ESPN had a video where they picked the frozen four. Picked Wisconsin to beat Minnesota in Pittsburgh, and Union to win it all.

Wouldn't take anything ESPN has to say on this sport seriously. They always pick an eastern team to win it all (or almost always), regardless of whether the eastern teams are good enough or not. Wisconsin is certainly playing much better hockey than the Gophers are, so that's a good pick. As for the Gophers, they have been straight up lazy these last two times out. Not convinced that a minor thing like the NCAA Tournament is important enough for these guys to get it together (it wasn't last year and these guys are displaying an eerily similar attitude right now).

Of course that could change, but I'm not betting on the Gophers going very far based on the crap they've shown recently.

Wouldn't take anything ESPN has to say on this sport seriously. They always pick an eastern team to win it all (or almost always), regardless of whether the eastern teams are good enough or not. Wisconsin is certainly playing much better hockey than the Gophers are, so that's a good pick. As for the Gophers, they have been straight up lazy these last two times out. Not convinced that a minor thing like the NCAA Tournament is important enough for these guys to get it together (it wasn't last year and these guys are displaying an eerily similar attitude right now).

Of course that could change, but I'm not betting on the Gophers going very far based on the crap they've shown recently.

I disagree.

They won and tied and Ohio St
They won at Michigan and clinched the Big10
The lost t Michigan (rested wilcox & warning) actually outplayed them in the 1st period
Lost to Ohio St in the big10 semi-final. I thought they played OK. OSU goalie stood on his head, we hit 2 pipes, and were down 2-1 until wilcox got pulled. I look for us to bounce back and hammer Bob Morris and then win again on Sunday vs. NotreDame or Jan Brady University.

I disagree.

The lost t Michigan (rested wilcox & warning) actually outplayed them in the 1st period
Lost to Ohio St in the big10 semi-final. I thought they played OK. OSU goalie stood on his head, we hit 2 pipes, and were down 2-1 until wilcox got pulled. I look for us to bounce back and hammer Bob Morris and then win again on Sunday vs. NotreDame or Jan Brady University.

We were garbage against OSU. If we had even a shred of intensity or urgency to get to the net our obvious talent edge would've led us to a two or three goal win. But that's not the way Lucia's teams play. His teams make cute, low percentage, unproductive plays with the puck and look like they don't have a pulse. If they don't find a sense of urgency that we haven't seen yet, Robert Morris will be Holy Cross or Yale all over again.

I disagree.

You could be completely correct and I'll be the first to admit that I would love to eat crow after this weekend's games. But I really don't like the vibe this team is putting out there. It looks so much like last year when they played as if they couldn't have cared less. More concerning is that a lot of these guys were also on that team, so it's not like we haven't seen this kind of attitude before from this group.

Again, I'd love to be wrong. But I don't like the way this team is carrying itself at all.

Top Bottom