Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck's Mound vacation home lists for $2.5 million

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Rohan:

For the past four years, University of Minnesota football coach P.J. Fleck and his family have been enjoying their spare time at a lake house in Mound. Now, they've decamped on the five-bedroom, seven-bathroom retreat with more than 6,000 square feet on Lake Minnetonka.

The Flecks are building a new house to meet all their needs in one place and are consolidating, listing agent Heather Hansen said.

"They're committed to this community and to staying here," she said.

A Cape Cod-style four-story set on a third of an acre on a bluff overlooking Cooks Bay, the house was built in 2006. The house has 50 feet of lakefront. Fleck bought it in 2018 for $1.7 million, immediately launching a top-to-bottom remodel.

"Every surface was touched, giving it a fresh, bright cohesive décor," Hansen said. "It's north-south facing, so it's light-filled with a nautical theme and is beautifully accessorized. The color scheme is blues, whites and soft grays, so it's very beachy, very lake-y."

Go Gophers!!

Where is there new house going to be? Didn't realize the Mound house was a "summer" home.
I thought he had an Edina home at one point.

Maybe that was more personal.

As a kinda private person if I had to entertain I might really like a place ready for entertaining and … another place for just me, family, etc.

For those that are constantly worrying about Fleck jumping ship I would think them building a home would be seen as a very positive sign in regards to his desire to stay in Minnesota.

Per Rohan:

For the past four years, University of Minnesota football coach P.J. Fleck and his family have been enjoying their spare time at a lake house in Mound. Now, they've decamped on the five-bedroom, seven-bathroom retreat with more than 6,000 square feet on Lake Minnetonka.

The Flecks are building a new house to meet all their needs in one place and are consolidating, listing agent Heather Hansen said.

"They're committed to this community and to staying here," she said.

A Cape Cod-style four-story set on a third of an acre on a bluff overlooking Cooks Bay, the house was built in 2006. The house has 50 feet of lakefront. Fleck bought it in 2018 for $1.7 million, immediately launching a top-to-bottom remodel.

"Every surface was touched, giving it a fresh, bright cohesive décor," Hansen said. "It's north-south facing, so it's light-filled with a nautical theme and is beautifully accessorized. The color scheme is blues, whites and soft grays, so it's very beachy, very lake-y."

Go Gophers!!
I for one am super happy to read this. They are here for the long-term folks! Don’t consolidate and build if you aren’t planning on staying.

Heather and Carl Hansen built P.J.'s Edina home. It's really a nice place about a fewblocks from Pitino's place.

For those that are constantly worrying about Fleck jumping ship I would think them building a home would be seen as a very positive sign in regards to his desire to stay in Minnesota.
He already bought two houses here. This doesn't mean anything more than those.

Otherwise, you would have to believe the following thing is possible.
*Fleck to Notre Dame/Michigan/whomever offering $10-15M per year* "Yeah, you know, I really would like to accept your offer, it seems like the right next step in my career ...... but I just built a house, and it has a really kick-ass master bathroom with heated floors ...."

Thanks for confirming for all of us.

Here's what I read into this:

If a college coach who is often berated on GopherHole for being way too conservative with his offensive philosophy can be this successful financially, then just imagine what kind of big, big bucks all the GopherHole keyboard coordinators (who always know a better play to call) are worth.

Your time has come, fellas; you need to get paid for your amazing play-calling skills.

Here's what I read into this:

If a college coach who is often berated on GopherHole for being way too conservative with his offensive philosophy can be this successful financially, then just imagine what kind of big, big bucks all the GopherHole keyboard coordinators (who always know a better play to call) are worth.

Your time has come, fellas; you need to get paid for your amazing play-calling skills.

wait!what?

I watched the first P.J. Fleck show of the 2022 season (from the State Fair) today on YouTube. Every time I see him, I am more and more convinced that this guy is the real deal. The team is enthusiastic. The grades are good. The attitudes are positive. The vibe is electric, energetic, upbeat.

I think we got us a winner.

He already bought two houses here. This doesn't mean anything more than those.

Otherwise, you would have to believe the following thing is possible.
*Fleck to Notre Dame/Michigan/whomever offering $10-15M per year* "Yeah, you know, I really would like to accept your offer, it seems like the right next step in my career ...... but I just built a house, and it has a really kick-ass master bathroom with heated floors ...."
This made me lol, thank you. Kind of true though - I'm sure he does love coaching and living here, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't listen to an offer from a blueblood.

I watched the first P.J. Fleck show of the 2022 season (from the State Fair) today on YouTube. Every time I see him, I am more and more convinced that this guy is the real deal. The team is enthusiastic. The grades are good. The attitudes are positive. The vibe is electric, energetic, upbeat.

+o4

Ah, trip down memory lane. My girlfriend's parents at the time built that house. Spent a lot of time there!

Totally agree sir. He can build his power program here, no need to take over some risky pseudo-Blue Blood program and work hard to resurrect it. He is already several years into this rebuild of Minnesota. He is not leaving and I believe he will be the AD in the future. Sometimes you have to take people for their word if they seem like good character people, and trust what they say.

The Lou Holtz deal was an anomaly. Forget about it.

Top Bottom