Gophers finish ahead of Wisconsin in Big Ten standings for the first time since...

Badgers have never defeated the gophers since rival and lucid IPO’d

if we win November 26 2022 the series will be tied

Wow is that a long time. Give Wisky credit they have been good for a long run. Hopefully our squad can do the same.

Wow is that a long time. Give Wisky credit they have been good for a long run. Hopefully our squad can do the same.
Huge win. Better at every aspect.
People forget Barry Alvarez was .500 or worse in the big ten in 8 of his 16 seasons
True but where he made his name is the payoff of three conference titles and three Rose Bowl wins.

Um, I think WI still finished ahead of us somehow due to the 3 way tie with Purdue and WI had a better division record (5-1 vs 4-2). So, keep the dream alive.

H2H is first tie breaker
Not in a 3-way tie.

Not in a 3-way tie.
Uh, yes it is.

In a three way tie, best winning percentage among the games between the three teams is tiebreaker number 1. Gophers winning percentage is 1.000. WI and Purdue's isn't.

Not in a 3-way tie.
Did you read the article you posted?

1. If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 8 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step (or sub-step), the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative. If three or more teams remain tied after any step, move to next step in tiebreaker with remaining tied teams.
1. The records of the three (or more) tied teams will be compared based on winning percentage in games between the tied teams.
(a) Example: East 1 is 2-0 in games between the tied teams with wins over East 2 and 3 - East 1 would be the representative.

Not in a 3-way tie.

Did you read the tiebreakers from the link you posted???

1. The records of the three (or more) tied teams will be compared based on winning percentage in games between the tied teams.
(a) Example: East 1 is 2-0 in games between the tied teams with wins over East 2 and 3 - East 1 would be the representative.

MN was 2-0 (beating both Wis and Pur), Wis was 1-1, PUR was 0-2.

Minnesota wins the tiebreaker.

Not in a 3-way tie.

You are just wrong. Minnesota is 2-0 vs. the other 6-3 West teams.

The following procedure will determine the representative from each division in the event of a tie:
  1. If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
  2. If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 8 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step (or sub-step), the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative. If three or more teams remain tied after any step, move to next step in tiebreaker with remaining tied teams.

Not in a 3-way tie.

Just to point you in the right direction.....it's 94 East!!

Not in a 3-way tie.
Good thing we also beat Purdue

I mean.....I get that there are tiebreakers to determine who wins the division in the case of multiple teams with the same Big Ten record. But in that case....each team regardless of who represents the division is considered a division champion.

I feel like the Big Ten is unlikely to designate teams with the same Big Ten record 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. I'd think they'd all be considered 2nd.....with the next team, Illinois at 4-5, 5th. Really....it's kind of just a stupid argument.

I mean.....I get that there are tiebreakers to determine who wins the division in the case of multiple teams with the same Big Ten record. But in that case....each team regardless of who represents the division is considered a division champion.

I feel like the Big Ten is unlikely to designate teams with the same Big Ten record 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. I'd think they'd all be considered 2nd.....with the next team, Illinois at 4-5, 5th. Really....it's kind of just a stupid argument.
I'd agree with that....he was stating that Wisconsin won the tie breaker because they had a better B1G West Division record though...

Ok, admittedly misread that, but we’re still 3rd in every standings chart. And it’s not because they listed a 3-way tie alphabetically.

I'd agree with that....he was stating that Wisconsin won the tie breaker because they had a better B1G West Division record though...

Right. That poster was just all around wrong.

Ok, admittedly misread that, but we’re still 3rd in every standings chart. And it’s not because they listed a 3-way tie alphabetically.

ESPN shows the Gophers second.

Yahoo has the Gophers second and Purdue third.

I'm not sure that any of the standing are really discerning between 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. I'm guessing that in the eyes of the Big Ten.....Gophers, Badgers, and Boilermakers tied for 2nd.

It is likely because the Big Ten is yet again kissing Barry's rump and trying to pump Wisconsin for a Jan bowl in Florida. I am only half-kidding.

Top Bottom