Gophers Bubble Wish List

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Gophers currently sit #39 in the NET rankings.

Bubblicious Wednesday
Ohio State over #31 Rutgers
George Mason over #34 VCU
Illinois State over #36 Northern Iowa
Auburn over #40 Alabama
The Citadel over #41 East Tennessee State
Butler over #42 Xavier
Texas A&M over #44 Florida
La Salle over #55 Richmond
Saint John's over #57 Providence

Last edited:

Thanks for putting this together.

Last night was pretty solid:

Ark got stomped.
Rhode Island got stomped.
Purdue lost at home
Miss St. got stomped.
Syracuse lost at home which likely dampens their bubble prospects.

Funny, I just put together a list like this last night about games during the rest of the week that are relevant to the gopher's chances. Starting to get to the time of year where it feels like games can really make or break bubble chances.

Would also add La Salle over Richmond and East Carolina over Tulsa as games that could potentially have an impact. Richmond and Tulsa are both pretty far off the cut line right now but could potentially make runs and aren't out of it yet.

Not directly bubble related, but also cheering for Clemson over Pitt, Oklahoma over ISU, and Michigan over Northwestern to help the Gopher's SOS.

Funny, I just put together a list like this last night about games during the rest of the week that are relevant to the gopher's chances. Starting to get to the time of year where it feels like games can really make or break bubble chances.

Would also add La Salle over Richmond and East Carolina over Tulsa as games that could potentially have an impact. Richmond and Tulsa are both pretty far off the cut line right now but could potentially make runs and aren't out of it yet.

Not directly bubble related, but also cheering for Clemson over Pitt, Oklahoma over ISU, and Michigan over Northwestern to help the Gopher's SOS.

I missed Richmond. ... thanks. Will add to the list.

I'm not quite ready yet to call Tulsa a bubble team!

Here is a great link to monitor this stuff on:

warrennolan.com/basketball/2020/schedule/Minnesota

Ton of great info and stats on all teams and where they stack up!

The only thing necessary is winning the games. There is no wish list for losing teams.

#excusesareforlosers

I think I speak for a lot of people on GH by saying I like these kind of threads. If you aren't going to contribute and/or simply came on here to complain about it, then stop posting.

I think I speak for a lot of people on GH by saying I like these kind of threads. If you aren't going to contribute and/or simply came on here to complain about it, then stop posting.
Hugs.

Gophers currently sit #39 in the NET rankings.

Bubblicious Wednesday
Ohio State over #31 Rutgers
George Mason over #34 VCU
Illinois State over #36 Northern Iowa
Auburn over #40 Alabama
The Citadel over #41 East Tennessee State
Butler over #42 Xavier
Texas A&M over #44 Florida
La Salle over #55 Richmond
Saint John's over #57 Providence

Are we wanting Ohio State to win because we have the sweep in hand and it strengthens our resume the better OSU is? Because I would think OSU is more bubbly than Rutgers at this point in the season.

Are we wanting Ohio State to win because we have the sweep in hand and it strengthens our resume the better OSU is? Because I would think OSU is more bubbly than Rutgers at this point in the season.
GREAT question. What if OSU is 8-12 but their metric look great, do they still go ? Either way I think the Gophers take care of business and will not be on the bubble.

OSU has a much better resume than Rutgers.

Gophers drop one spot to #40 in Thursday's NET rankings.

Bubble teams were 4-5 on Wednesday. Current conference leaders Northern Iowa (MVC) and East Tennessee State (SoCon) both win, as do Florida and Richmond. VCU suffers the most damaging loss, at home to George Mason. Rams drop from #34 to #42.

Bubblicious Thursday Wish List
#29 Stanford over #54 Arizona State
#47 Cincinnati over #59 Memphis
Washington over #48 USC
UCF over #50 Wichita State
Iowa over #64 Indiana
#72 Utah over #69 Oregon State

Wednesday Results
#33 Rutgers loses @ Ohio State
#34 Northern Iowa beats Illinois State
#38 Florida wins @ Texas A&M
#39 Alabama loses @ Auburn
#41 East Tennessee State beats The Citadel
#42 VCU loses to George Mason
#43 Xavier loses @ Butler
#51 Richmond wins @ La Salle
#62 Providence loses @ Saint John's

Last edited:

Interesting looking at Bracketmatrix.

Some have Minnesota in. I assume with their "good" NET score.
But others have VCU in who has the better RPI.

Last year it seemed like committee held true to the traditional RPI rules, whether consciously or not.

Hopefully we get the same "road Iowa" on Sunday that Indiana got tonight

Top Bottom