Gophers basketball recruit Cameron Christie off to hot senior year start in Illinois

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Marcus:

Gophers recruit Cameron Christie got off to a hot start to his senior season in November with an MVP performance leading his high school to a tournament championship in Illinois.

The 6-foot-6 Rolling Meadows (Ill.) guard signed with Gophers coach Ben Johnson's highly touted 2023 class last month. Arguably the No. 1 player in his class in Illinois, Christie has quickly shown how he's taking his game to another level.
Averaging nearly 22 points, seven rebounds and four assists in his first four games, Christie posted a 24-point, six-rebound, seven-assist effort in Rolling Meadows' win vs. Glenbrook South in the Chuck Mitchell tournament title game Sunday.

Several recruiting sites still list Christie at 6-5 and 160 pounds, but he's a legit 6-6 and 185 right now. And he hopes to add 10-15 pounds of muscle by the time he plays in college.

"It's been super helpful on the court with my confidence," Christie said about gaining 25 pounds from last year. "I can get in the paint and feel stronger finishing. It's been big with my athleticism. I can rebound better and dunk more. It's been really fun to see the growth."

Christie will be 17 years old when he joins the Gophers, but he's already taller than his older brother, Max, a former Michigan State guard and current Los Angeles Lakers rookie. And he could still be growing.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom