Gophers basketball gets official visit from 7-2 junior Daniel Jacobsen

So he can be ready to lose to a16 seed? 😂
We have not yet earned the right to laugh at those who consistently go dancing. It is much better to dance and lose to a 16 seed then to never go dancing at all. I hope our day comes soon. It is obvious to anyone that Purdue has a huge recruiting edge over us at the moment. This would be an Evans sized victory if Ben were to land him.

We have not yet earned the right to laugh at those who consistently go dancing. It is much better to dance and lose to a 16 seed then to never go dancing at all. I hope our day comes soon. It is obvious to anyone that Purdue has a huge recruiting edge over us at the moment. This would be an Evans sized victory if Ben were to land him.
I have too many Purdue friends to let that one go.

Always better to win, and a great crowd in numbers and enthusiasm. I'm sure he's ready to sign. Why take any more visits?
I do get a little confused. Ben was kind of big in an interview or two about “positionless basketball”. When I think of that, a 7’2” inch guy isn’t the first thing that comes to mind. He had the other kid too, that decomitted. The wing span player. Probably my lack of understanding. Guess I think of Sampson’s teams at Houston

Not a fan. I want another Payne. An even bigger Payne. I see we are recruiting a 6’10” 260 (maybe bigger) kid as an example. Talking about Payne’s motor and skill set not just size.

I do get a little confused. Ben was kind of big in an interview or two about “positionless basketball”. When I think of that, a 7’2” inch guy isn’t the first thing that comes to mind. He had the other kid too, that decomitted. The wing span player. Probably my lack of understanding. Guess I think of Sampson’s teams at Houston

in the Strib article, they had a quote from Jacobsen that addresses the position issue:

Gophers assistant Marcus Jenkins and Johnson have sold Jacobsen on the versatility of big men in their program, especially last season's leading scorer and rebounder Dawson Garcia, a 6-11 junior.

"We talked about how they play, and how I would fit into the system," Jacobsen said earlier about the Gophers. "They like to play through their bigs. Since I'm able to stretch the floor and shoot, I wouldn't be stuck on the block there."

An inside presence with his shot blocking ability, Jacobsen has shooting range extended out to three-point territory. He said he patterns his game after 7-footers such as Utah Jazz's Lauri Markkanen in the NBA and UConn's Donovan Clingan and Duke's Kyle Filipowski in college.

in the Strib article, they had a quote from Jacobsen that addresses the position issue:

Gophers assistant Marcus Jenkins and Johnson have sold Jacobsen on the versatility of big men in their program, especially last season's leading scorer and rebounder Dawson Garcia, a 6-11 junior.

"We talked about how they play, and how I would fit into the system," Jacobsen said earlier about the Gophers. "They like to play through their bigs. Since I'm able to stretch the floor and shoot, I wouldn't be stuck on the block there."

An inside presence with his shot blocking ability, Jacobsen has shooting range extended out to three-point territory. He said he patterns his game after 7-footers such as Utah Jazz's Lauri Markkanen in the NBA and UConn's Donovan Clingan and Duke's Kyle Filipowski in college.
I don’t see clingan from UCONN shooting threes. He is the literal definition of a 7 foot post player. Lobs, dunks, layups, post-ups, and excellent rim protection…not sure where he was going with that comparison

Top Bottom