Gophers basketball: Bobby Jackson thrilled to see his U crush UCLA

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

"They've had some good teams; they just haven't been able to put it together until now," said Jackson, now a Sacramento Kings assistant coach. "This year I kind of knew they were going to beat UCLA because they played hard. They definitely had an edge to themselves. They approached the game with a different aspect. They came ready to play."

"We were extremely blessed to be in that situation, to take that team to the Final Four and win a Big Ten championship," he said. "I don't like some of what happened while I was there, and a couple years after I left. But it's a learning process.

"I was young. Most of those guys were young. We tried to take the easy way out. Things happened. You just have to move on and try not
to make the same mistakes. And when you have kids, you teach your kids to do the things the right away -- follow the rules and be upstanding citizens, athletes and scholars."

"He's genuine and he cares about the athletes," Jackson said of Tubby Smith. "He holds everyone accountable for the mistakes they make on and off the court. It's about winning, but his guiding these young men in the right direction is important. Minnesota is always going to have a fond memory in my heart. I'm always going to support the program. I'll be there for them, and see if I can attend as many events as possible."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...rce=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

This Gopher fan loves you, Bobby. Most fun I've ever had watching anyone play at any level. Thank you and you don't need to apologize to me.

This Gopher fan loves you, Bobby. Most fun I've ever had watching anyone play at any level. Thank you and you don't need to apologize to me.

Agree. Bobby was a great player and it's nice to see him be big enough to admit he's not proud of some of the things that happened with the program while he was here.

Agree. Bobby was a great player and it's nice to see him be big enough to admit he's not proud of some of the things that happened with the program while he was here.

Well said. I will never condone the cheating, but blame Clem more than the players too. Bobby Jackson is awesome though and a great player.

Who is this Bobby Jackson you speak of...I thought he was beheaded by the NCAA and his name was never to be spoken again.

Talk about a clutch player. HE WAS THE MAN, and the person you wanted to have the ball at crunch time.

Good to hear. Always nice to have former players hold onto that university connection. Would be cool to have a few of them as assistant coaches.

Top Bottom