Gophers at USC

AuEGO4

Goldy is my Home Boy
Reaction score
As I am sitting here getting excited for baseball and football season it has come to my attention that the same weekend the Gophers are playing USC the Twins are playing the Angels. This could be a great weekend for Minnesotans to enjoy SoCal and cheer on some of our favorite teams. I for one will be driving up from San Diego to go to both the football and at least one baseball game. I also wanted to let the Gopherhole nation know that San Diego County is like Mecca for craft beers (i.e. Summit and Surley style) 31 breweries to be exact. Between football, baseball, beer and southern California this could be an amazing start to the fall season.
I hate to use a brewerism but my dang gum chili is hot. Who's with me?

Ya I'm currently in Northern California, (closer to Cal country than the Farm) and I'll definitely be making the trip down to LA for the weekend.

Sadly, I will likely be moving this summer so I will just miss the Gophers in LA.

Next year in Las Vegas would be very doable, too, for California Gophers.

I totally forgot about the UNLV game in 2012!!! 4.5 hour drive from here to there and you can bet on the game before you go :)

I totally forgot about the UNLV game in 2012!!! 4.5 hour drive from here to there and you can bet on the game before you go :)

You're telling me! I had been planning on this for years...now my wife wants to go to med school in St. Louis instead of SoCal...all my hopes have been dashed! Unless we get Missouri in the Big Ten sometime soon...

Yeah, I live part time in SoCal and I am pumped about seeing the Gophers in LA. I actually have about 10 guys I graduated college with staying with me here before the game.

I wish I had the extra funds to make it.. That would be one hell of a week / weekend!

Our youngest daughter lives in Pacific Beach and we (us and another couple) already have a beach condo reserved for the week of the game. We'll be there. I wish they had a "Gopher Bar" in Pacific Beach just like the Badger Bar.

I am a Gopher grad circa 1960 and tried to get tickets from the U for the USC game. They said I must go thru USC as I am not a season ticket holder. I want to sit in the gopher section. Any suggestions?

I am a Gopher grad circa 1960 and tried to get tickets from the U for the USC game. They said I must go thru USC as I am not a season ticket holder. I want to sit in the gopher section. Any suggestions?

You can get tickets from USC and ask for the section that we will be in. The U will be turning tickets back to USC. You could also contact Creative Charters here in MN as ask if you can get tickets through them. They will be handling game tickets for the tour.

I'll be there + ticket Question

I plan to be at the game. We're up in the bay area the weekend of the 27th, then we'll be camping in Yosemite for a few days. My wife & daughter plan to fly home, but I'll head down to L.A. for the game (brother lives there).

One question: Has anyone lined up tickets yet. I called the Gopher Ticket office about a week ago, and they gave me a typically vague answer that tickets would be available sometime in March. Has anyone else scored tix yet? The guy at the ticket office commented there's been strong interest (which begs the question of why they aren't more organized), but he didn't think they'd sell out the visitor's allotment. I'd prefer to be sitting with Gopher fans, as opposed to being surrounded by brie eatin' chardonnay sippin' alumni from the University of Spoiled Children.

One question: Has anyone lined up tickets yet. I called the Gopher Ticket office about a week ago, and they gave me a typically vague answer that tickets would be available sometime in March. Has anyone else scored tix yet? The guy at the ticket office commented there's been strong interest (which begs the question of why they aren't more organized), but he didn't think they'd sell out the visitor's allotment. I'd prefer to be sitting with Gopher fans, as opposed to being surrounded by brie eatin' chardonnay sippin' alumni from the University of Spoiled Children.

Are you a season ticket holder? If not, you can't get away game tickets through the U anyway, as all tickets are sold to season ticket holders, and the remainder (if any) are given back to the USC ticket office.

If so, you can't get away game tickets until it is fully determined who exactly the season ticket holders are, which will be a couple months away at least. As I was typing, I looked at my order history through the ticket office, and I ordered my Wisconsin tickets on 5/12/10, which was the first day they were available. I'm guessing that the timeline this year will be similar.

The season tickets must be completed first. Once that is done, they know who all are season ticket holders for this coming season. That is when they will send out the form and information about away tickets. I dont think USC has even started selling tickets for the game yet, so they wouldnt be available to anyone yet. If you are a season ticket holder, you will get a form and you can order them then.

New Coach
New QB
New Outlook
New Winning Tradition
(and not to mention it won't be winter anymore)

I am pumped for this one.

I e-mailed the SC sports office and they got back and said they would be happy to get me seats in the visitors section but this would not be done until much closer to the game date and after they finish season ticket sales. stubhub has nothing listed on football. yet. Go gophers.

I think you are wrong about away games. I got tickets to the game in Murfreesboro last year through the U and sat in the Gophers section. They may have changed the policybthis year, though. Would be dumb, why give up the income?

Our youngest daughter lives in Pacific Beach and we (us and another couple) already have a beach condo reserved for the week of the game. We'll be there. I wish they had a "Gopher Bar" in Pacific Beach just like the Badger Bar.

Meet our crew here!
gg-photo-6.jpg

We Minnesotans are sooooo anal.

Last years first 5 USC home games (cap 93,602):
Sept. 11 Virginia — 81,375
Oct. 2 Washington — 82,796
Oct. 16 Cal – 72,386
Oct. 30 #1 Oregon – 88,726
Nov. 6 Arizona State – 68,744

Couldn't even sell out the Oregon game.

There will be plenty of tickets available for Minnesota fans, whether through the U, USC, or at the box office. As I said, Creative Charters will get the tickets for you if you ask. Whether you have to book the full trip with them, or a part of it, is a question that you can ask them. Steve and Dorothy are very flexible, and if you would like them to create a "game day experience" package, sans the flight and hotel, I bet they would do it...

Twins in CA

Just in case anybody missed it the Twins play the Angels the same weekend as the Gopher vs. USC game. This is going to be a great trip!

San Diego Gophers

I have discoverd a place in SD where the owner is from MN (not officially a Gopher bar yet, but all I need to do is give him a flag to hang outside and it is all good) and brought up the possibility of the bar putting together a party bus for that day out of San Diego. He was very excited about it and getting things together. The bar is called the Regal Beagle and they are working with the owners of the Guava Beach bar (a Vikings bar in Mission Beach) to get this thing going. More to come on this...

You're telling me! I had been planning on this for years...now my wife wants to go to med school in St. Louis instead of SoCal...all my hopes have been dashed! Unless we get Missouri in the Big Ten sometime soon...

Actually, you should be okay in St. Louis. From there, it is 2.5 hours to Champaign. 3.5 hours to Iowa City. 4 hours to Bloomington. 4.5 hours to Purdue. 5.5 hours to Evanston. Heck, only 9 hrs to Minneapolis! If you're committed, you can see the Gophers.

Do Jack and the rest of the crowd from "Three's Company" still hang out there?

They had some hot waitresses back in the day.

Actually it is based off of that show and when you order instead of a number you get the name of a 80's or 90's character. They also have 24 beers on tap, 8 different types of sausage and a wheel to spin if you don't really know what kind of beer you want. There is also a Thighmaster on the wall. It is quite the place.

p.s. in San Diego where are the waitresses NOT hot?

I have discoverd a place in SD where the owner is from MN (not officially a Gopher bar yet, but all I need to do is give him a flag to hang outside and it is all good) and brought up the possibility of the bar putting together a party bus for that day out of San Diego. He was very excited about it and getting things together. The bar is called the Regal Beagle and they are working with the owners of the Guava Beach bar (a Vikings bar in Mission Beach) to get this thing going. More to come on this...

My buddy who works at the Navy hospital in SD told me about this as well. Myself and 2 others will be making the trek from MN to join him in going up to LA for the game(s)

Actually, you should be okay in St. Louis. From there, it is 2.5 hours to Champaign. 3.5 hours to Iowa City. 4 hours to Bloomington. 4.5 hours to Purdue. 5.5 hours to Evanston. Heck, only 9 hrs to Minneapolis! If you're committed, you can see the Gophers.

I haven't been within driving distance for years! Thanks for the realities of the road BT games -- hadn't thought about how close to striking range I will be. I will definitely be able to make it to a few games.

I know this was covered in an old thread but I guess I am too lazy to look so I apologize in advance...

I am going to be purchasing season tickets this year for my father and I (first year buying not as a student) and I was told you could buy road game tickets as well as a season ticket holder. How many can you purchase? I ask because I plan to fly out to LA for the game and my parents would like to come as well. (my dad is a fan of the Gophs going back to the 50s and he loves USC as well)

Basically what I am wondering is, if I am getting two season tickets can I purchase 3 tickets to an away game?

Thanks in advance for wasting time answering my lazy question :)

Top Bottom