Gophers are favored to go 1-0

bethune was one of the very worst programs last season. winning by 16 or less would be cause for concern

I'm not completely comfortable with Macalester. Bethune Cookman probably is coming in full of optimism...all depends if shots go down for them to get off to a good start and say this year is different. Same probably true on the Gophers side.

Sounds like Parker Fox is the wild card.

Some scores last year for reference:

Iowa 89 - Bethune Cookman 58 (was up 38 at the under 4:00 TO)
Indiana 101 - Bethune Cookman 49
Illinois 85 - Bethune Cookman 52

Bethune lost 3 of their top 4 scorers from last year(return their leading scorer). They might end up being the worst team in the country when all is said and done. If we don't beat them by more than 16 we are in trouble. I for one will bet us to cover this game because I can't imagine us being bad enough not too.

Bethune lost 3 of their top 4 scorers from last year(return their leading scorer). They might end up being the worst team in the country when all is said and done. If we don't beat them by more than 16 we are in trouble. I for one will bet us to cover this game because I can't imagine us being bad enough not too.
Would Macalaster be favored against Bethune Cookman?

Keep in mind that 16 points includes a home court advantage of a couple, two, three points.

Would Macalaster be favored against Bethune Cookman?

Based on us being a 16 point favorite against Bethune Cookman, and based on our power rating versus Bethune's and Macalaster's, I'd guess Bethune would be about an 18 point favorite over Macalaster. I know nothing about Macalaster, other than they are about an average D3 team based on their power rating.

Do you know who the coach of Bethune Cookman is?
Do you realize they have a Top 100 recruit and their leading scorer returning?
Background

It appears they have the one Top 100 freshman recruit and maybe 6 transfers? (Just going by their roster and stats.)

Last edited:

Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 12.38.35 AM.png
Minnesota was the ninth-worst squad in the nation in points scored (62.9 per game) and 207th in points conceded (71.0) last season.

I don't gamble on sports betting but if I was going to bet...I'll take Bethune Cookman to cover.
We gave up 73 to Macalester. I know nothing about BC...are they healthy? Do they think they are going to be better than last year? Dunno. But, they only have one freshman...older guys... and Reggie has been around...they improved last year coming in cold in his first year...I'd think they'd expect to be better than last year? They did lose some main cogs from last year but seems they'd score enough and we may not get to 90 again. So, betting on Reggie to cover.

I don't gamble on sports betting but if I was going to bet...I'll take Bethune Cookman to cover.
We gave up 73 to Macalester. I know nothing about BC...are they healthy? Do they think they are going to be better than last year? Dunno. But, they only have one freshman...older guys... and Reggie has been around...they improved last year coming in cold in his first year...I'd think they'd expect to be better than last year? They did lose some main cogs from last year but seems they'd score enough and we may not get to 90 again. So, betting on Reggie to cover.

I've never seen someone work so hard to convince fans that they should be completely miserable about their team. I bet you could suck the joy out of a New Year's Eve celebration at the Moulin Rouge.

Last edited:

I've never seen someone work so hard to convince fans that they should be completely miserable about their team. I bet you could suck the joy out of a New Year's Eve celebration at the Moulin Rouge.
I'm thinking it is a discussion board. Rather than attacking me you might offer some evidence to suggest I'm wrong. Or you could shut up until you see the outcome.

I would bet $100 we win less than 10 games, oh how I miss Pitino
You miss the guy who had the title of worst Gopher coach ever until Ben showed up? Wouldn't it be better to miss Clem or Dutcher or Muss or Tubby or even Monson?

You can't hardly have a greater contrast on the sidelines between Bert at Illinois and the dapper Reggie at BC.
I was just on BC web site. Reggie is closer to Reggie Two People now than the dapper Reggie we all knew. Has nothing to do with the game, but you brought it up.

I'm thinking it is a discussion board. Rather than attacking me you might offer some evidence to suggest I'm wrong. Or you could shut up until you see the outcome.
One man's discussion is another mans attack.

...wait, are you attacking him?

Top Bottom