Gophers and RB

GopherFanatic19

Reaction score
I just watched a skit on our RB room and how we plug and play our RB. As good as our RB have been, I am really surprised a 5 star or even high 4 star hasn’t considered us if they know they will get the ball 25-35 times a game.

I really thought PJ could make that happen but it doesn’t seem to come to fruition.

I just watched a skit on our RB room and how we plug and play our RB. As good as our RB have been, I am really surprised a 5 star or even high 4 star hasn’t considered us if they know they will get the ball 25-35 times a game.

I really thought PJ could make that happen but it doesn’t seem to come to fruition.
Taylor was a 4-star. Rated as #12 RB in the nation.

Taylor was a 247 composite 4 star and 23rd ranked RB recruit in the country.

Bucky Irving was a four-star recruit who chose the Gophers, before he transferred to Oregon.

Our recruiting at RB has been excellent. Two who were good, transferred out when Mo stuck around another year. We have two more top 100 RB's coming next year. 5'10 200lb Wright and 6'0 190lb Ijeboi

When I saw the title I thought it was about Ryan Burns. He no longer has any connections and has no info about recruiting, injuries, depth chart--has zero insight anymore.

Stars aren’t the end all be all. These threads get to be tiresome.
Go rewatch Michigan/Gopher game and you’ll see the difference 3⭐️ Going up against 4⭐️ and 5⭐️… I totally matters for the most part.

Go rewatch Michigan/Gopher game and you’ll see the difference 3⭐️ Going up against 4⭐️ and 5⭐️… I totally matters for the most part.

When you’re talking entire teams? Yes. Of course it does. That isn’t what the op said. I’ll take Taylor over the Michigan true freshman back. Sight unseen.

When I saw the title I thought it was about Ryan Burns. He no longer has any connections and has no info about recruiting, injuries, depth chart--has zero insight anymore.

You ok? Your immediate thought on a football forum and seeing RB is Ryan Burns. Are you allowed within 500ft of him?

I'm okay with 2 stars if they keep running for over 200 with zero to limited prior experience lol

The point of the post was I’m surprised like a top 3 RB wouldn’t seriously consider us. Were not even mentioned in their top 5 schools during recruiting time.

Here you can be a featured back, in a major conference, in a major market, and good team with a chance to really excel.

Maybe someday

But which ones will be playing Saturday? Top three still out? Or will Nubin run 40 times again until he's hurt?

Our recruiting at RB has been excellent. Two who were good, transferred out when Mo stuck around another year. We have two more top 100 RB's coming next year. 5'10 200lb Wright and 6'0 190lb Ijeboi

True, I get the OP’s point, but the rbs Fleck has brought in have been great regardless of ranking. Bucky and Mo were/are both top tier college rbs. I don’t think the local recruiting area produces a lot of high 4 to 5 star rbs, which could be the issue. We’ll see going forward but I would think the portal would provide some good rb talent, obviously Tyler hasn’t performed up to anyone’s expectations.

Maybe some elite running backs don't want to freeze their butts running 40 times a game north of the Arctic Circle.

I'm okay with 2 stars if they keep running for over 200 with zero to limited prior experience lol
Amen. Development programs such as the U create 4*; some of the top helmet schools, on the other hand, burn through 4* because of the surfeit they have on the shelf. 5* players are a different matter. About 32 per year. Majority are almost NFL ready the day they set foot on campus. They often start as true freshman. Many leave for the NFL as soon as eligibility permits. We don't get 5* players. It isn't because PJ can't recruit. It is because we can't come close to having third parties pay them and/or their families enough.

Maybe some elite running backs don't want to freeze their butts running 40 times a game north of the Arctic Circle.
Ain't getting cold running 40 times a game

Top Bottom