Gophers 22 in AP poll, 19 in coaches

BC goes from being unranked to #17!!!! What a joke.

Yea, they beat UNC, does that justify that big of a jump?

??? Give it a week, BC will come back down.

There are quite a few inconsistencies between the polls this week. Tennessee is 15 in AP but 25 in coaches for example. I'm just glad to see Minnesota movin' on up!

There are quite a few inconsistencies between the polls this week. Tennessee is 15 in AP but 25 in coaches for example. I'm just glad to see Minnesota movin' on up!

Weren't we #21 last week?

Does the coaches/ESPN poll really matter?

Right now, where we are ranked in the top 25 on either/both polls is not what is important. What is important, is that we win at Iowa on Thursday. This will tell us more about our Gophers. BTW, YES!!! the ESPN/Coaches poll does matter for this week. ESPN gives more and better coverage to THEIR ranked teams. GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!!!

AP....Big East Bias.....ESPN/Coaches....Realistic. GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!

The most important poll. ...

is the Big 10 standings. On March 8th, I want the Gophers to be ranked #5 or higher in that "poll" with at least a 10-8 record. Do that and a lot of good things can happen, and none of them would involve a three-letter tournament (NIT or CBI).

First and foremost, it will get the Gophers a bye for the first round of the Big Ten Tournament, which they've accomplished only once in the 11-year history of the event. With as balanced as the league appears to be this season, that is objective #1.

is the Big 10 standings. On March 8th, I want the Gophers to be ranked #5 or higher in that "poll" with at least a 10-8 record. Do that and a lot of good things can happen, and none of them would involve a three-letter tournament (NIT or CBI).

First and foremost, it will get the Gophers a bye for the first round of the Big Ten Tournament, which they've accomplished only once in the 11-year history of the event. With as balanced as the league appears to be this season, that is objective #1.

I'll 2nd that - but it is fun to see the Gophers get a little Ranking Buzz after a long time - probably helps in the recruiting too.

No argument here. I'd rather be ranked than "rank" as we were before Tubby arrived.

SS: ooooooooooooooooo what a Monson slam, but I agree. LOL

Top Bottom