Gophers 2024 Season Preview Using Sagarin 2023 Year-End Data

Whoopty doo.

Can cherry pick 2008-2014 Michigan, too. Meaningless.

Talking here and now and going forward in College NIL-ball.
lol
We also could cherry pick Pete Carrol years and say they are unbeatable. And you do

The nice thing about you is when all data disagrees with you you simply pivot to a claim that is purely a subjective opinion.

I understand that you are afraid of USC. Thats okay. I hope air circulation in your bunker is good the day they come to town.

USC football is covered in glory. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_USC_Trojans_football_seasons

Even last year they were a CFP team, just stubbed their toe on Utah twice (good for them).
great post. Let’s compare their record in the CFP era to Utah.

Since 2014
Ohio state 115-15 - 1 national title
Michigan 94- 32 - 1 national title
Oklahoma State 89-41
Penn state 88- 39
Utah 86-40
USC 79-45
Minnesota 73-50

Since 2021
Michigan 40-3 - 1 national title
Ohio state 40-7
Penn State 28-11
Oklahoma State 29-12
Utah 28-13
Minnesota 24-15
USC 23-16

And you are spot on in your analysis. If you eliminate their losses, they were unbeaten.
If you eliminate the fact they didn’t make a playoff so far in the history of the CFP, they’re a playoff team.

In fact, Minnesota was a playoff team if you eliminate the fact they weren’t.

Last edited:

If our game plans going in and game day coaching doesn’t improve I think a tough year could be in order similar to this past year. PJ and staff need to change their best. Mo ain’t coming to the rescue any more and AWJr is about to become rich in the NFL without superstars we can’t overcome coaching deficiencies. We have the talent to be competitive every week if we coach better it could be fun. This past years’ games nearly every one of them sucked to watch.

If our game plans going in and game day coaching doesn’t improve I think a tough year could be in order similar to this past year. PJ and staff need to change their best. Mo ain’t coming to the rescue any more and AWJr is about to become rich in the NFL without superstars we can’t overcome coaching deficiencies. We have the talent to be competitive every week if we coach better it could be fun. This past years’ games nearly every one of them sucked to watch.
Last year really made me amazed at how the 2021 team went 9-4 post mo injury

Because post Taylor injury the team was pretty impotent in 2023

An extremely favorable schedule. Lest we forget that was also the Bowling Green Part 1 season, and the Illini.

Missed opportunity.

An extremely favorable schedule. Lest we forget that was also the Bowling Green Part 1 season, and the Illini.

Missed opportunity.
Missed opportunity but a pretty below average team that went 9-4
Tied for the fourth best season since 1968 with a 5 year starter having arguably his worst year (either that or 2020) and the best two offensive skill players being lost for the year in the first 4 weeks (crab and mo)

Let’s compare their record in the CFP era
Some guy in 2015:
"Michigan football is nothing. They will never have another 10 win season and they will will never win another national title."

K bud :sneaky:

Some guy in 2015:
"Michigan football is nothing. They will never have another 10 win season and they will will never win another national title."

K bud :sneaky:
I’ve noticed you have no rebuttals to anything I’ve said. Nice job dumbass.

But you can say whatever the hell this is when I’ve never claimed UsC won’t have a 10 win season, nor have I claimed USC can’t win another national title.

Meanwhile USC the last 10 years 79-45
Michigan from 2004-2014 82-56
And Michigan followed it up with 7 consecutive 3+ loss seasons

But you’re right, we shouldn’t even suit up against Usc.
I’ve already admitted your dumbass is correct. USC IS AN UNBEATABLE PLAYOFF TEAMMMM

Good/great experienced O line, back up RBs who ran pretty well and Jack Gibbens making big plays almost every game. Schedule was pretty forgiving.

I'm talking about the here and now: College NIL-ball.

USC is the same thing as Mich, OSU, and Penn State. IE, the biggest, richest, willing to pay the most to do whatever it takes to win a natty, programs in the Big Ten.

I guess Nebraska "should be" in that statement as well, but I think they've fallen off too much.

Maybe Oregon is there too.
moving-goalposts.gif

Top Bottom