Gophers @ 2010 Puerto Rico Tip-Off

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Gophers in another strong field next year at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off. ...

Davidson
Hofstra
Minnesota
Nebraska
North Carolina
Vandy
West Virginia
Western Kentucky

Pretty safe to say this means we won't be paired with the Tar Heels in the ACC/Big 10 Challenge.

I didn't catch the dates. I was focusing on the teams when ESPN flashed it on the screen. I'm assuming it'll be the week before Thanksgiving, like this year.

I might just have to sacrifice and go to PR to watch

If we can actually land the Kansas home game and the ACC/BT challenge...next year could be pretty sweet.

This is also a T-Day tourney. There are 4 or 5 next week on "feast week".

Awesome...That Tubby Smith has a way of getting us into some big name pre-conference matchups. Go Get Em.

Go Gophers?

No - the 20th is off because it is college football day. Just like this year, all the T-Day tourneys take Saturday off because they want the championship games on TV.

Gophers in another strong field next year at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off. ...

Davidson
Hofstra
Minnesota
Nebraska
North Carolina
Vandy
West Virginia
Western Kentucky

Pretty safe to say this means we won't be paired with the Tar Heels in the ACC/Big 10 Challenge.

Thinking way ahead...

I have a hard envisioning a situation where NC isn't the top seed. And given how much of our team will be returning, assuming we have a good year this year, we'd have to be 2 or 3 seed (don't know enough about WVU to project.) That ought to give us a pretty good shot at playing NC in the finals (would be a big upset if NC wasn't in the finals.) I'd like to think that we could beat any of the other five on a neutral court, and our depth will help in the back-to-back games on the 18th and 19th.

...and our depth will help in the back-to-back games on the 18th and 19th.

That's a good point, hopefully we can get past Butler next week and let this play out this year as well.

I didn't realize the dates were posted yet. Too bad it's not over T-Giving.

Top Bottom