Iowa #27
Purdue #36
Northwestern - #38
BYU - #62
Illinois - #65
Maryland - #68
Rutgers - #83
Florida Atlantic - #89

What is the national media's obsession and totally cluelessness about Nebraska?

To be fair I believe this is largely computer/data driven and not media members.

I do think we will see a much improved Nebraska in 2020.
You are correct that this is a computer model, so it is entirely data driven. It's a tool used primarily to set odds for match-ups between teams.

Computer models in 2020 seem to like Nebraska, when in 2019 is was exclusively a media narrative that they would break out. We may find that the media was a year early based on some underlying data here.

So, to reiterate, the media is not obsessed with Nebraska in this case, and readers should look at what the ranking is based on before jumping to these types of conclusions.

It seems so often that when Wisconsin is placed high in early rankings or picked to do well, they seem to falter (but still manage to make the B1G title game...somehow :mad:) And when they're predicted to take a step back they rise up. Is that accurate, or is it me just thinking that and wanting so bad for them to have a bad year?

To be fair I believe this is largely computer/data driven and not media members.

I do think we will see a much improved Nebraska in 2020.

This will be a big year in the Scott Frost tenure at Nebraska. If they don't show significant improvement I can see them getting really restless and even making a change from their golden child head coach if it gets bad enough.

Nebraska is the poster child for teams where the recruiting rankings and on the field performance don't match. On paper they are bringing in a pretty high amount of talent on a yearly basis but that paper talent has not produced actual results to this point. Year 3 was a big breakout for Fleck, will be interesting to see if it works that way for Frost.

Cool to see Indiana ranked so high. It'd be fun if they can knock off Michigan and finish the season ranked.

It seems so often that when Wisconsin is placed high in early rankings or picked to do well, they seem to falter (but still manage to make the B1G title game...somehow :mad:) And when they're predicted to take a step back they rise up. Is that accurate, or is it me just thinking that and wanting so bad for them to have a bad year?

Not sure if your feeling is correct but I agree that it does seem to play out that way with them. I am actually a little surprised they are ranked as highly as they are in some of these models. They do return most of their defense but the two guys they are losing were massive pieces in that unit. And on offense they have to replace both Taylor and Cephus.

To be clear, I am not predicting the demise of Wisconsin the way people always seem to want to every year in here, but 6 feels high given what they have to replace so a little surprised the computer ranking shook out this way for them.

This will be a big year in the Scott Frost tenure at Nebraska. If they don't show significant improvement I can see them getting really restless and even making a change from their golden child head coach if it gets bad enough.

Nebraska is the poster child for teams where the recruiting rankings and on the field performance don't match. On paper they are bringing in a pretty high amount of talent on a yearly basis but that paper talent has not produced actual results to this point. Year 3 was a big breakout for Fleck, will be interesting to see if it works that way for Frost.

Maybe Nebraska and Michigan can swap coaches..... A golden child is a golden child after all.....

The pre season rankings were based on what Frost did in FL with the prior coach's players in a very much easier conference.
NE's recruiting rankings are not significantly different than say WI's. They started behind so to get ahead your recruiting has to be really better. It hasn't been.
Frost does not strike me as being the sharpest knife in the drawer and clearly his assistants are in over their heads.

nothing easy about the Big ten: Three of the Top six, and Six of the Top 25 are big ten with Indiana 26th and Iowa 27th. an 8-4/9-3 record next year by the 'phars would be excellent.

I think Nebraska has a historically difficult schedule next year: @ OSU, Home PSU, @iowa, @ Wisco, Home MN to finish the season.

Texas at #7? Please...:rolleyes:

Texas seems to receiving the hype Nebraska got last year. The only difference is at least Texas has been decent the past few years to give writers something to base the love on. Nebraska's was all hype based on their coach and recruiting rankings.

Top Bottom