Gophers -1 vs Maryland

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Seems...odd. Saw this on the ticker on ESPN. I don't think they'll win but to be favored seems like a lot of money should go on Maryland (unless they have injuries I'm unaware of?)

Without taking into account home field advantage Sagarin would have MN at -8.

Honestly....this doesn't surprise me. Minnesota is a bi-polar team. Two legit all big-ten players in Carr and Oturu. If Ihnen can play, that's a major boost. He's an upgrade over Demir. And Kalscheur is a complete make or break player. When he is on, the team can put up points. When he struggles, the entire team is hard pressed to find points.

Kalscheur has basically been the mirror to our teams year. He has been a major disappointment overall.

Honestly....this doesn't surprise me. Minnesota is a bi-polar team. Two legit all big-ten players in Carr and Oturu. If Ihnen can play, that's a major boost. He's an upgrade over Demir. And Kalscheur is a complete make or break player. When he is on, the team can put up points. When he struggles, the entire team is hard pressed to find points.

Kalscheur has basically been the mirror to our teams year. He has been a major disappointment overall.

If Ihnen can play, he should start. I've over Demir

To be fair, it was directed at a Badgers fan who is bad at math (or at least bad at point spread conventions).

Yes. Plato is a badger dunce. And they are taking home court advantage into play here....which is why we are favored by one. I don't know why we'd be favored by eight if the odds makers didn't consider home "field" advantage. o_O

Yes. Plato is a badger dunce. And they are taking home court advantage into play here....which is why we are favored by one. I don't know why we'd be favored by eight if the odds makers didn't consider home "field" advantage. o_O

He meant that MD would be favored over us by 8 at a neutral site according to the Sagarin ratings (i.e. meant to say MN+8 without home court). It's closer to 7 from what I can see on Sagarin (MD=89.55 MN=82.72), but rounding is hard :rolleyes:

He meant that MD would be favored over us by 8 at a neutral site according to the Sagarin ratings (i.e. meant to say MN+8 without home court). It's closer to 7 from what I can see on Sagarin (MD=89.55 MN=82.72), but rounding is hard :rolleyes:

Just proves that he doesn't understand spreads either.

Top Bottom