Gophers’ Daniel Faalele set to fill big hole in program’s NFL draft history

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

The 2022 draft will end another drought for Minnesota, when an offensive lineman is picked for the first time since 2006.

Mammoth tackle Daniel Faalele will be the first Gophers lineman to hear his name called during the NFL Draft from April 28-30 in Las Vegas. Guard Blaise Andries also is expected to be picked in the three-day event.

Go Gophers!!

Here's another drought that could end--it's been 72 years since a Minnesota-born Golden Gopher was selected in the first round of the NFL draft. Clayton Tonnemaker (Ogilvie) was the last, Boye Mafe could break that streak.
Do we know Mafe was born in Minnesota?

I mean, I wasn’t there, but that’s what has been reported.

ESPN Profile
I actually found a piece Daniel House wrote explaining that his parents moved to the Minneapolis area from Nigeria in the late 70s early 80s. Dad got his accounting degree from SCSU and started his own business. Mom opened a store designing and selling traditional Nigerian clothing in Minneapolis. Not sure I would take what ESPN reports seriously since I have seen other sites reporting birthplace as Minnetonka. But I do have a great deal of confidence in House's findings so you are likely right.

There’s talk on KFAN this afternoon that Boye Mafe and Daniel Fa’alele may go in the top forty in this year’s draft.

I actually found a piece Daniel House wrote explaining that his parents moved to the Minneapolis area from Nigeria in the late 70s early 80s. Dad got his accounting degree from SCSU and started his own business. Mom opened a store designing and selling traditional Nigerian clothing in Minneapolis. Not sure I would take what ESPN reports seriously since I have seen other sites reporting birthplace as Minnetonka. But I do have a great deal of confidence in House's findings so you are likely right.
Hopkins HS is in Minnetonka.

Hopkins HS is in Minnetonka.
love.gif

Top Bottom