GopherLady's STrib blog: The Impact of Al Nolen – The Gophers’ most underrated player

Well done Nadine. I agree with you that Nolen is an extremely important part of the team this year. He can handle the ball and he can play defense..nough said.

I do think Joseph was playing very well at the point by the end of the year (not so much his first few games). I think Devoe actually would score more if he plays point as he can control the action (just my opinion) but that changes the dynamic of our team (shoot first versus pass first).

Also, to answer a question you had..

From Adam Boone to Limar Wilson, Kevin Burleson, Aaron Robinson (aside from his senior year) Rico Tucker, etc . Basically, anyone that’s played since Eric Harris. I’m not sure why, but Minnesotans do not love their point guards

Its because, during that time, our point guards ranged from..Adam Boone to Limar Wilson, Kevin Burleson, Aaron Robinson (aside from his senior year) Rico Tucker, etc... :)

Its because, during that time, our point guards ranged from..Adam Boone to Limar Wilson, Kevin Burleson, Aaron Robinson (aside from his senior year) Rico Tucker, etc... :)

Lol - I'm going to plead the 5th on this one. I had to defend Adam Boone for many years!

Nadine, as I made reference to on your StribBlog... Marry me. I am a lot older than you, I am average looking, but I have enough money to get by without you supporting me. Gopher It! :) Good job on the StribBlogs. GO GOPHERS!!!

Loved his game.

Rico and Aaron were decent/good. We would take them over Cobbs and Payton without question.

GL, I think you are remembering too fondly Eric Harris. As I recall, he was nearly run out of town until he really broke out in his junior year. I will never forget the 90's coach defending him saying it took a point guard about 50 games (two seasons) to "get it." That's almost exactly what it took for him. Fans are an impatient lot these days. Point is a high profile position and many fans are pretty unforgiving.

Nadine, as I made reference to on your StribBlog... Marry me. I am a lot older than you, I am average looking, but I have enough money to get by without you supporting me. Gopher It! :) Good job on the StribBlogs. GO GOPHERS!!!

Dr. Don...you're a bit of a creeper, but that's about the best offer I've gotten in a long time, lol!

Loved his game.

Rico and Aaron were decent/good. We would take them over Cobbs and Payton without question.

I give people the benefit of the doubt, and Rico was a great defender, but an offensive liability.

GL, I think you are remembering too fondly Eric Harris. As I recall, he was nearly run out of town until he really broke out in his junior year. I will never forget the 90's coach defending him saying it took a point guard about 50 games (two seasons) to "get it." That's almost exactly what it took for him. Fans are an impatient lot these days. Point is a high profile position and many fans are pretty unforgiving.

That would make sense, because my my 1st year at the U was his junior/Final 4 year - hence, I remember everyone loving him. Interesting to hear your take on his 1st two years, and yes, fans are VERY impatient.

As I recall, Eric Harris was not a natural point guard. He came in as a 2 guard and was converted to a pg and needed time to learn the position.

The Gophers have a long history of no dominate pg.

I give people the benefit of the doubt, and Rico was a great defender, but an offensive liability

I enjoyed when Rico was on D and met the PG at half court, he would either do the hands wide alligator clap or two hand slap on the floor to intimidate them. He picked plenty of pockets, just couldn't shoot or finish in traffic.

Top Bottom