GopherLady Recap on KFAN

DL65

Reaction score
Nadine aka/Gopherlady was called "Queen of Gopher Nation" by Paul Allen.

Long questions (conversational) by Paul Allen cut into Nadine's allotted time. (My take and/or criticism.)

1) Nadine on this year's team: Setting expectations appropriately . . . there's more discipline . . . young team . . . more focus . . . undersize at some positions.

2) Coach Kill's honesty is so welcome.

3) What excites you about this year season? Nadine: fan mood . . . . fresh face and look . . . possibilities about the future, especially long term.

4) Fanbase is masochistic (Paul Allen): Nadine: "Expect the worse, hope for the best." (laughter) "I'm hopeful; we have a coach, now."

5) Topics at GopherHole: Excitement for USC matchup. Marqueis Gray and Max Shortell. Moses Alipate: out of the mix . . . needs conditioning . . . has received a lot of criticism that's been unfair . . . is a Gopher (always wanted to be a Gopher). Max Shortell: "There's a lot of faith in him . . . talented but an unexperienced freshman . . . if he doesn't redshirt, hope he gets a lot of snaps."

6) Great we're playing USC, but it's not a confidence builder, if you don't play well.

7) Breaking news related to GopherHole: Sean Hoffman will be joining GopherHole and writing a column.

Miss Minnesota also appeared on the show, which cut into Nadine's time (oh well). Nice job, Nadine!

Go Gophers!!

Thanks for the recap. Wish I could have caught it on the radio. Darn meetings!

Long questions (conversational) by Paul Allen cut into Nadine's allotted time. (My take and/or criticism.)

PA can babble/state the obvious, more than anyone. He didn't give GL much of a chance to say anything during the first segment. Second segment was much better.

GL did a great job, as always. Besides her knowledge of Gopher BB & FB, her voice is made for radio/tv.

Nice recap DL65.

PA can babble/state the obvious, more than anyone. He didn't give GL much of a chance to say anything during the first segment. Second segment was much better.

GL did a great job, as always. Besides her knowledge of Gopher BB & FB, her voice is made for radio/tv.

Nice recap DL65.

So is her face!!! :)

I have a face made for RADIO ONLY!

I didn't listen, but assume (since it wasn't mentioned above) that she didn't use this opportunity to publicly apologize.

:cool02::cool02:

Our Sean Hoffman?

His best movie since deflecting a pass in an Iowa City endzone a decade ago!

I enjoyed the interview GL, PA is right though, you need to cut those Packer allegiances.

Wow PA was really gettin' riled up whenever he mentioned Brewster. We get it, PA, you don't like him.

nicely done Nadine! Nice to have some coverage!

Our Sean Hoffman?

That's the one! And not to be a tease, but I just read the 1st draft of his 1st column, and it gave me chills. Will be posted by tomorrow.

Our Sean Hoffman?

That guy hasn't lost his competitive fire... sonofabitch gave me, what Wooger would refer to as, a Christian Bros. necktie during the U.S. Pond hockey championships two years ago.

You may or may not know, he was a D1 hockey prospect too.

:cool02::cool02:

Top Bottom