GopherHole's Sports Huddle Summary: Coach Jerry Kill - 11/24/13

This was easily the least amount of fans they have gotten in stadium in a long time

Was the lowest percentage of Wisconsin fans I can remember for a long time. While the heavy clothing masked the identity of a lot of fans most fans had something that identified them.
I don't think more than 15% were Wisconsin fans, they were not very loud, even at the end of the game.

To me Nebraska got in more fans those numbers were closer to 15,000.
Between 5,000 to 8,000 sounds about right, even though they were sprinkled about, I was looking at there sections and even the Let's go Red chants you could tell were fairly subdued compared to Metrodome years even those guys first couple trips. To me it was about 46,000 Gopher fans and about 7,000 Badger fans so the 15% a lot of people factored is fairly accurate. They seemed like they got as many tickets as Iowa did about 7,000.
As I moved around the stadium concourse even bathrooms you could tell they just did not get their hands on nearly as many tickets as they usually have been getting. This is progress. Maybe because of the weather and the secondary ticket prices being so high they just didn't travel as many people.
I think there usual Twin Cities living folks showed up. There were definately far greater contingents of Nebraska fans than Wisconsin fans this year.

Top Bottom