Gopherhole's Sports Huddle Recap: Coach P.J. Fleck - 4/30/2017

I took it as a shot because it was a shot. Saying "whether current staff can do that is still to be seen" is certainly not a compliment.

Wondering whether somebody has the ability to do something they've never done before isn't a shot. Shot and compliment aren't the only two options available.

Wondering whether somebody has the ability to do something they've never done before isn't a shot. Shot and compliment aren't the only two options available.

But he has done it?

He has coached up players before at the University of Minnesota? I've been a Gophers fan for 20 years - how did I miss that?

That's not what he said but you can keep playing dumb if you want to.

That's not what he said but you can keep playing dumb if you want

And you can keep pretending what Josh didn't like was the positive note on Kill/Claeys. Josh takes any positive mention of the old staff as an insult on PJF. Look through his post history. 50% chance he is the student who transferred from WMU to follow Fleck here.

Sparlimb wrote a long paragraph praising PJF's recruiting, then gave credit to the old staff for developing some lower rated guys and Josh is convince he was ripping on PJF. It isn't rational and I'm not surprised you agree with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Claeys and Fleck are not the same person. they will do things differently. Claeys may do some things better than Fleck. Fleck may do some things better than Claeys.

that does NOT mean that one is a "better" coach than the other. Each can be successful using their own approach.

I supported Tracy Claeys when he was coaching at the U of MN. I wish him well in his future endeavors.

And yes, I will support PJ Fleck while he is coaching at the U of MN. I'm not a huge fan of Fleck's style, but I will accept his style if he can help the team win. If that is damning with faint praise, so be it.

But - the main point - it is not a zero-sum game. Liking Claeys does NOT mean you have to dislike Fleck. Liking Fleck does NOT mean you have to dislike Claeys. You are allowed to like more than 1 coach at a time. (I think - there could be some obscure Gopher Hole Rule that I am unaware of that says you can only like 1 coach. If there is such a rule, I hope the moderators will let us know.)

Claeys and Fleck are not the same person. they will do things differently. Claeys may do some things better than Fleck. Fleck may do some things better than Claeys.

that does NOT mean that one is a "better" coach than the other. Each can be successful using their own approach.

I supported Tracy Claeys when he was coaching at the U of MN. I wish him well in his future endeavors.

And yes, I will support PJ Fleck while he is coaching at the U of MN. I'm not a huge fan of Fleck's style, but I will accept his style if he can help the team win. If that is damning with faint praise, so be it.

But - the main point - it is not a zero-sum game. Liking Claeys does NOT mean you have to dislike Fleck. Liking Fleck does NOT mean you have to dislike Claeys. You are allowed to like more than 1 coach at a time. (I think - there could be some obscure Gopher Hole Rule that I am unaware of that says you can only like 1 coach. If there is such a rule, I hope the moderators will let us know.)

Agreed

Top Bottom