GopherGod the Tricky Troll

Yesterday, calminnfan strongly defended GG as "not a troll!"
http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?t=2751&page=4

Today, calminnfan doesn't mind trolls at all.

You can put lipstick on a troll, but it's still a troll.

My Statement "Personally I may not agree with some of the things GG writes in this forum, but he does not strike me either as a troll or a Wisky fan. Cynical, yes, but not a troll!"

You call that "strongly???" Your embellishing things seems more a problem then anything!

My Statement "Personally I may not agree with some of the things GG writes in this forum, but he does not strike me either as a troll or a Wisky fan. Cynical, yes, but not a troll!" You call that "strongly???" Your embellishing things seems more a problem then anything!

I didn't intend to embellish anything. If you hadn't used an exclamation mark after "not a troll!", I wouldn't have said "strongly" Most people use exclamation marks when they strongly think something.

EDITED POST:

Yesterday, calminnfan defended GG as "not a troll!"
http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/...?t=2751&page=4

I didn't intend to embellish anything. If you hadn't used an exclamation mark after "not a troll!", I wouldn't have said "strongly" Most people use exclamation marks when they strongly think something.

EDITED POST:

Yesterday, calminnfan defended GG as "not a troll!"
http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/...?t=2751&page=4

This came up in the past. I basically use exclamation points pretty regularly when making statements, not necessarily tied to strength, just simply a statement. Occasionally I do overuse it simply because I got in the habit of it!;)

Hey.....where's GopherGod(I mean ChrisDarkins)? He's been gone over 2 days now! That's SO not like him!

"Sorry. Allow me to give a little background on myself. I have been coming here relatively frequently for a while now, have lived in the cities my whole life. Have been a gopher fan my whole life as well, my family has had season tickets for football since I was five. Just decided to jump in on the Nebraska talk and hopefully will now be at least somewhat active on the site. Nice to meet you all."
- deedub0310, Today, 10:42 PM

GopherGod's last post: Fri night, close to 1AM
deedub0310's first post: Sat night, close to 1AM

---If I didn't know any better.......naw, it couldn't be. GG's not THAT Tricky.

SFGopher: Also up at 1AM to chat with deedub0310 for the 1st time
SFGopher: "I am new to this forum...but it seems that people are upset at GopherGod because he may be a bit negative. So what?"

---If I didn't know any better......naw, there's NO WAY GopherGod would make a 3rd or 4th account! That would be insanity, wouldn't it? Well, he already has 2 accounts.....and he is a Tricky Troll, after all.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?t=2821&page=2

Am I the only one that thinks this is ridiculous???

There are already 1,152 views and 34 replies for this thread - about GopherGod.

There are 47 views and 0 replies for the Matt Spaeth interview - about Matt Spaeth, who was a stand-out Gopher, and just won a freakin' superbowl.

What is wrong with this picture???

Honestly, I don't care who is he, or how many monikers he has - I just want to have good discussion on the football board. And I'd rather read about our players, recruits, and coaches over some poster that needs a girlfriend (btw - that post was funny, sonnygarcia). If you don't like him, do what I did with ZTA (and G4L for a while, but now we're cool and I bake him cookies) - don't reply. If you do want to debate, then feel free to do so...but I think it's odd to have this kind of obsession with a poster - where you're watching every new poster, and every post he makes to make any connections. Can't we all just get along??? ;)

Brewster was struggling to fill the OC slot and Fisch was clearly settled for.

Hey genious, is this Brewster's fault, or the U's??? Brew went after 3 or 4 "big names" before Fisch and they all said No Thanks. We should praise Brew for going after the big boys and rag on the coaches of the past 3 decades for taking UofMN football to such a low level that our current coach (who acknowledges we can win a Big Ten championship) gets turned down by them.

One nit with this preoccupation with resumes, like anything one can't evaluate whether or not a hire was solid or not until the rubber hits the road. In other words, regardless of who Brewster hired as OC (or DC), we won't know what we have until the first game. I seem to get the impression people feel that there are great coordinators standing around waiting for us to hire them. If this were true, can someone explain to me how a DC that had the 81st ranked defense last year got hired at $600,000 per year?

Also, as a complete aside, looking at Chaney (sp?)'s resume and what he is getting paid next year (I believe less than what Fisch will be making), I don't think Brewster offered him the job. Which would raise an interesting question, who was the "kill shot"?

I'm pretty sure Heupel agreed to take the job before he got pressured in to staying at Oklahoma so that Bradford would come back for another year. If he left and then Bradford left it would have looked like it was his fault which probably weighed on him.

I'm fairly certain that GG is an actual Gopher fan; he is just very cynical toward the team right now and hates Brewster. I'm 95% confident that he has or had a subscription to Gopher Illustrated (why would you pay $10/month to be a troll) under a different name and he had similar issues inciting anger from Gopher fans on that site. I don't have a problem with cynical people like GG and Loon as long as they can defend their position. However, at times people with their viewpoints get stagnant and they become one trick ponies where the only thing you hear from them is 1) The recruits suck or the variation "you can't judge them for 4 years" (so basically we shouldn't discuss players until they graduate) 2) Brewster can't coach. As long as they can engage in a legitimate discussion where they support their views than so be it.

There are already 1,152 views and 34 replies for this thread - about GopherGod.

There are 47 views and 0 replies for the Matt Spaeth interview - about Matt Spaeth, who was a stand-out Gopher, and just won a freakin' superbowl.

What is wrong with this picture???

Honestly, I don't care who is he, or how many monikers he has - I just want to have good discussion on the football board. And I'd rather read about our players, recruits, and coaches over some poster that needs a girlfriend (btw - that post was funny, sonnygarcia). If you don't like him, do what I did with ZTA (and G4L for a while, but now we're cool and I bake him cookies) - don't reply. If you do want to debate, then feel free to do so...but I think it's odd to have this kind of obsession with a poster - where you're watching every new poster, and every post he makes to make any connections. Can't we all just get along??? ;)

Well said and thank you...part of what I was trying to say!:)

I'm pretty sure Heupel agreed to take the job before he got pressured in to staying at Oklahoma so that Bradford would come back for another year. If he left and then Bradford left it would have looked like it was his fault which probably weighed on him.

Some of the background stuff fans are not necessarily privy to does play a huge roll in what happens, so it is good to wait to see how things wash out before jumping the gun!

Top Bottom