Gopher tickets available to public June 27

How can this be? With renewal rates up and a doubling of the waiting list (this, according to DLguy), how can there be any tickets left over for the public?

They haven't even finished the seating upgrade process, is there a link to this information?

How can this be? With renewal rates up and a doubling of the waiting list (this, according to DLguy), how can there be any tickets left over for the public?

The renewal rate ended at about 90%. I stated that at the current time, renewal was up compared to last year. And it was. The new season ticket applications were higher than last year, but they do still have seats to sell. The seats that are available will be seats that are not being used for the upgrade process. They are upper level corner seats (bench), towards the top of the sections. Unless you want to move your seats away from the field and 50, you will not have to worry. They should be done with the seat upgrad process soon, at which point they will be able to do more of a push to sell out the stadium with season tickets. They might as well start selling them now instead of waiting.

From the "2011 Gopher Football Season Ticket Central" page on gophersports.com.

Minnesota Gophers Jun 22
@Becca - Please note the tickets that went on sale this week to season ticket holders were for away game tickets.

Season ticket holders are still being contacted about upgrades and we hope to have the process completed in the next 7-10 days. Due to the large amount of upgrade requests, the process is taking a bit longer this year.

https://www.mygophersports.com/Onli...ticle_id=F0135A62-CEAE-4EC8-B576-39641D78BE59

I don't like this either.

I requested an additional pair of seats, and haven't been contacted yet. Knowing how the Athletic Department operates, I'm sure that there's going to be about 30 new season ticket holders around me, but my request will be declined.

I requested an additional pair of seats, and haven't been contacted yet. Knowing how the Athletic Department operates, I'm sure that there's going to be about 30 new season ticket holders around me, but my request will be declined.

My thoughts exactly. I have already given up on upgrading my seat location, but I know for a fact that there are seats opening up around me. If I don't get a chance at those 2 seats I requested, I will be pissed. How do they know the seats they are offering to new ticket holders aren't wanted by someone requesting new seats? I said I would move pretty high up to be on the sunny side of the stadium.

For you doubters, I posted what I received, and I am assuming other long time ticket holders got the same message, this morning in an email from the ticket office. Why would I post something like this if I didn't get the info?

Call the ticket office yourself if you don't trust what I post.

I have 4 seats together I was trying to move, and I knew it was going to be tough to get my request granted. On the other hand like yourself I requested 2 additional seats anywhere in the stadium and haven't been called yet.

Top Bottom