Gopher Tailgate Gear

MJGopher

Reaction score
With a new season just around the corner, I am looking at adding a few items to our tailgate, nothing in particular, but just want more Gopher gear.

Outside of getting everything online, I am wondering where people have had good luck finding Gopher Gear / Tailgating gear around the cities.

It seems like most of the local stores aren't carrying a lot of Gopher items going into the fall, compared to the last couple years. My guess is this is the result of the horrible year last year, but it would really be nice to see more maroon and gold in the local Dick's/Scheels/etc.

With a new season just around the corner, I am looking at adding a few items to our tailgate, nothing in particular, but just want more Gopher gear.

Outside of getting everything online, I am wondering where people have had good luck finding Gopher Gear / Tailgating gear around the cities.

It seems like most of the local stores aren't carrying a lot of Gopher items going into the fall, compared to the last couple years. My guess is this is the result of the horrible year last year, but it would really be nice to see more maroon and gold in the local Dick's/Scheels/etc.

I got a nice gopher tailgate tent at Dick's in Coon rapids. They had chairs and stuff there as well. I'd like to see more too, but they won't order it unless people ask about getting it and actually buy it.

I have found that Fleet Farm has some decent Gopher apparel, this is where I got my gear for this year. The Goldy's Locker Room/Gold Country stores on campus and in the MOA or the U of M Bookstore also have had good selections in the past, not sure about this year though.

I happened to notice a commercial while getting ready for work this morning. Apparently Old Navy is starting a line of college clothing for the major schools. There's not much on their website, but there might be more if you go in:

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=70937

I clicked on that link dpodoll and now all I have are Old Navy ads on GopherHole!! Wow these ad managing programs are VERY targeted!!

Go Gophers!!

I was at Costco earlier this week. Previously they had some very nice Gopher folding chairs (and still do). More recently they added some nice maroon and also black hoodies, very nice fleece vests and some black polo style shirts with maroon accents around the shoulders.

As mentioned above Costco has really nice Gopher fold out tailgate chairs. They are larger and sit a bit higher than the basic chairs you will find at Dick's/Target. They also have a larger cup holder on each arm. I bought one and really like mine. They run about $28 with tax.

Dick's has the tailgate tent $149.00. It's Maroon with 2 or 4 Gold M's. It appears to be an 8X8 size tent but maybe slightly larger. They also have chairs and other stuff.

Fleet Farm has a nice variety of clothing and tailgate "trinkets".

Item: Drive-Over Flag Stand Holders for Tailgating. My brother's best friend is welding some up and I'm helping him sell them. $30 each. If interested list your e address and I'll send photos. Item is located in Burnsville. I'm not collecting a dime for doing this. Its a labor of love and I'd like to see the tailgate lots jammed with Gopher Flags.

Where can I get a pair of shorts like those they're practicing in??

GoopherPic.jpg

Kohl's and J.C.Penny for clothing. Scheel's in St. CLoud carries different item's also.

I found mine at the parking lot of the Super Walmarts in the Fargo/Moorhead area. Not only that, there are wallets on sale. Concordia Girls wear Maroon and Gold also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tailgate tent

Home Depot in St. Anthony

I was in Scheels in St. Cloud last week. Not as much Gopher stuff as in previous years but a whole lot of hogeye stuff.

Where can I get a pair of shorts like those they're practicing in??

View attachment 1078

Goldy's at the MoA had some shorts like that when I was there a few weeks ago. The problem was that they were all XL and I'm not an XL, otherwise I was going to get a pair. 3rd Floor Goldy's across from the Best Buy, they were on the left as soon as you walk in the door, pretty easy to miss.

I happened to notice a commercial while getting ready for work this morning. Apparently Old Navy is starting a line of college clothing for the major schools. There's not much on their website, but there might be more if you go in:

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=70937

Teams with the most clothing options: Alabama, Texas, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Minnesota. Interesting.

IMG00088-20100918-1138.jpg

Here is my helmet I have had a tailgating for the last 3 years. Good conversation piece.

Thanks for all the info. I will check out a few of these places in the next week as we get ready for the first tailgate of the year.

Make your own Gopher gear like this:View attachment 1081 P.S. I might want a flag holder. [email protected]

Glovedgopher, I've been thinking about doing something along these lines. How did you pull it off? Did you use some type of appliance paint? I've never been able to find a good maroon paint for the outside of a grill or I'd be all over it.

Glovedgopher, I've been thinking about doing something along these lines. How did you pull it off? Did you use some type of appliance paint? I've never been able to find a good maroon paint for the outside of a grill or I'd be all over it.

Well, I used a High Temp white paint for the body of the grill (high heat areas) and just used Krylon plastic spray paint for all the plastic parts. Your color options for high temp/bbq spray paint at the local hardware store are very limited. However, you could try using this stuff:http://www.northlineexpress.com/item/5SA-8138/Stove-Bright-High-Temp-Paint-Mojave-Red. I didn't feel like waiting so I went with white.

Here is a website that I have found to have a good amount of Gopher stuff... http://www.collegefootballstore.com...tegoryID=757760df-cecd-47da-80ee-797aaeb616dd

Wow.. they have not only a lot of stuff.. but some stuff I've never seen before.. Good find!

I've been on a mission for the past two years and have been so far unsuccessful.. I'm trying to find a place that sells Gopher tennis/basketball/classic shoes. Hell, they don't even have to have any of our logos on them.. just maroon, gold and white shoes would be great.

F.Y.I Walmart up in Blaine had a few Tailgate Canopies 10x10 size for $120. Also, a bunch of other items from Shower curtains to floor mat were on sale.

I've been on a mission for the past two years and have been so far unsuccessful.. I'm trying to find a place that sells Gopher tennis/basketball/classic shoes. Hell, they don't even have to have any of our logos on them.. just maroon, gold and white shoes would be great.

Well, if you're willing to shell out a little coin you could go through this U student:

Custom sneakers for Goldy Gopher
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KexUg8QLQ94

Top Bottom