Gopher student season ticckets increased from 6,100 last year to 8,400

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

Gophers student season ticket sales have increased from 6,100 last year to 8,400. Athletic department leaders are hoping for a third consecutive sellout crowd on Saturday when Minnesota plays Ohio starting at 2:30 p.m.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Nice to see. Here is hoping the team can keep them around. It was fun to seem them full for TCU. Relatively full for Kent State.

I think part of that boost is from the bowl game last year. All students that went got a season ticket this year. And there were a lot of students who went to that bowl game!

Wow, that's one hell of an increase. Awesome to see!

They've definitely filled out the upper deck much better. Hopefully this trend keeps going.

Helps when you give them away.

Helps when you give them away.

I don't believe season tickets were given away. Only single game TCU tickets for freshmen. I'm sure a large chunk of freshmen bought season tickets after the TCU game.

I don't believe season tickets were given away. Only single game TCU tickets for freshmen. I'm sure a large chunk of freshmen bought season tickets after the TCU game.

Sorry - was referring to this....

I think part of that boost is from the bowl game last year. All students that went got a season ticket this year. And there were a lot of students who went to that bowl game!

Oh okay.

Still don't think that giveaway made too big of a difference in the overall numbers. I'd assume most students who'd make the 25 hour bus drive to watch a game would have bought tickets this year anyway.

Oh okay.

Still don't think that giveaway made too big of a difference in the overall numbers. I'd assume most students who'd make the 25 hour bus drive to watch a game would have bought tickets this year anyway.

Exactly. The Bowl/Ticket package was a cool thing to do, but I doubt there were many new season ticket holders as a result.

This is awesome news! Its been great to see the upper deck filling up this year.

I know that my daughter tried to buy some student guest passes for this game.... SOLD OUT.

I'm hope we can keep the students showing up. I've also found it so odd that the student section in TCF was so bare (outside of the first couple of seasons), given that the stadium is on campus and there's a ton of new student housing all over stadium village and Dinkytown.

I started undergrad at the U in 2003. In spite of having to bus to the Metrodome, it felt like the student section was stronger then than at TCF. 2003 was a good year and maybe that carried over for a few years.

That is great news. Thanks for the update.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Wow... cut in half the difference to get to the original 10,000 - in one year. Hope the team keeps winning and that trend continues. A full student section makes game day a lot more fun for EVERYONE. The energy and humor of the student section is one of the major ingredients that make college football so much more enjoyable compared to the NFL, in my opinion.

I know that my daughter tried to buy some student guest passes for this game.... SOLD OUT.

Not only that, but the Nebraska game student tickets are almost or are sold out now. My sister bought some guest passes for friends on Tuesday, and according to the person at the window, there were less than 50 student seats left. I bet they likely are sold out already if that is true. Great to see an eager student section. Hope the team puts forth a great effort and keeps them around into Big Ten play!!

Where are all the people that were ripping on the athletic department for YEARS saying how terrible a job they were doing on student attendance, now that they have (probably) one of the biggest increases in student attendance this year?

GHer are all about ripping the U when they are doing a poor job, why no props when (it appears) they have probably been doing a good job here?

A better product on the field is a big part of it, but the U has made great strides the past 2-3 years in improving the student experience at games. I think they deserve some props for that. It appears that work is paying off.

Where are all the people that were ripping on the athletic department for YEARS saying how terrible a job they were doing on student attendance, now that they have (probably) one of the biggest increases in student attendance this year?

GHer are all about ripping the U when they are doing a poor job, why no props when (it appears) they have probably been doing a good job here?

A better product on the field is a big part of it, but the U has made great strides the past 2-3 years in improving the student experience at games. I think they deserve some props for that. It appears that work is paying off.

:clap: Nicely said.

You're forgetting "The Gopherhole Way". You can rip Coaches or Players. You can certainly rip people who criticize coaches or players. But one must never be allowed to congratulate anyone who works for the U, and one must never, under any circumstances, allude to a good marketing job by the U.

The later will get you swiftly banned...:party:

Seems like if students are committed enough to travel to a bowl game they would be likely to go to games on campus even without the deal, no?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Seems like if students are committed enough to travel to a bowl game they would be likely to go to games on campus even without the deal, no?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I don't know why, but I never went to games on campus as a student. I went to a couple my freshman year and then just watched on TV; however, Senior year I went to the Citrus Bowl game and have been a bigger fan ever since.

The biggest reason for this is the TCU game. That game alone was going for about $70, so students were just forking over the extra $30 to get the whole season

Like 500 at most were at the bowl game with the university trip

Top Bottom