Gopher Softball 2024

I have no idea why they sent Chavez on that play, ball is hit to SS you bluff and make the ss think by then Oakland should be safe at first and now you bases loaded with no outs.

Huge game with Kentucky coming up, most likely another pitcher duel like last time. Let's hope they keep those hits coming.

I understand the sentiment of not wanting to give money to football players already on scholarship but the true facts are that our non-revenue sports would not exist like they do with the facilities, travel, uniforms, equipment, and other athletic dept perks they have without the money generated by primarily football. I love softball but softball needs football and football does not need softball. I don't think anything would prevent someone from running an event and paying each softball player 5 grand for an appearance. A business could have the softball team appear in a commercial and pay them all. As I understand it, NIL does not need to go through DA. DA is a collective that helps facilitate NIL. Please correct me if I am wrong.
You aren't wrong.

Should've known that they can't compete with ranked opponents. What was I thinking?🥲

Should've known that they can't compete with ranked opponents. What was I thinking?🥲
For several years Gopher softball fans have had difficulty accepting how good Kentucky is. They have already defeated Stanford twice this season. That is a good, SEC softball team.

I have no idea why they sent Chavez on that play, ball is hit to SS you bluff and make the ss think by then Oakland should be safe at first and now you bases loaded with no outs.
That traces back to poor communication between coaches and baserunners, doesn't it?

Game is suppose to be on espn+. Is it another weather delay

Gophers got lucky with that inning. Oakland let's an easy pop fly drop and cf misjudged flyout.

What on earth is this batting lineup? I know we struggle to hit the ball but Strelow 2nd and Breezy 5th?

Last edited:

Right call...Oakland did not leave early. I thought maybe she was out at home.

This is a winnable game. Shall see how Enter handles the mound now.

Burnett has been a bright spot for several games now. Gophers up 5-1.

Charlotte was just pounding the strike zone early and you just hope that someone takes notice and waits for a good one.

Bottom of 5 and Enter struggled last inning. Schwartz should be coming in.

Schwartz leaves 3 on with about 10 balls, 1 strike and 1 hit batter. Enter back on the mound and she just gave up a 3 run double and then hits the next batter.

Bats nor pitching there today for the Gophers.

Last edited:

Ffs Schwartz comes in and shits everywhere and says have fun cleaning this up.

Top Bottom