Gopher-Purdue pick

Gold Rush

Reaction score
OK, I am up to 4-0 ATS on the Gopher games this year and I feel fairly confident with this next one. This is NOT the hammer play that we saw vs. Illinois, Maryland or Iowa but I think it will pay.

Purdue comes in favored by 3 at Minnesota. After watching the Iowa debacle, I thought Purdue would be favored by about 13 points but in comes another extremely soft line. I do not know if they could make it any easier but Vegas has really missed on Gopher games this year - all 4 games the final score blew out the spread by 3 touchdowns. I do not think Vegas really has a handle on the Gophers at all this year. Or do they??

A couple intangibles - PJ Fleck has had great success vs. the Boilermakers the last few years and the Gophers traditionally play them pretty well. This is a must win game for the Gophers and they are coming off playing a very bad game vs. Iowa. Purdue will probably try to take the running game out and force Morgan to throw -- but if you remember Morgan had one of his best games last year vs. Purdue and I think he can do it again if the gameplan is similar to last year.

Could Minnesota lose? Oh yes - they could get blown out by 3 touchdowns as Purdue beat the same Iowa team that throttled the Gophers last week. If they do, this season is done and the Gophers probably lose out just playing out the string. But...…………

in a minor upset....
Gophers : 28 Purdue : 24

GO GOPHERS!!

The whole Purdue beat Iowa (really) beat Gophs dynamic does not give me much confidence.

Purdue 35-14.

Gopher offense still struggles.
Defense still gaining experience.

Purdue coach doesn’t like PJ. Purdue 49. - Gophers 13. Purdue calls time out with 28 seconds to score last touchdown.

Could be a blowout or a shootout - either way, Purdue wins. Gopher offense is too restricted this year and the defense too young and inexperienced.

Cant believe purdue only favored by 3, but then i was very surprised the vikes were favored over the bears as well. Hopefully another pleasant surprise.

If Rondale Moore is back for this game it will be ugly. Purdue 49 to MN 10.

I wish i thought something else, but i don't think the Gophers will break 20 points again in any game this year.

P: 27
G: 16 (missed XP)

Purdue is likely missing Karloftis and their center to injury; Gophers pull off the upset, 35-32.

52 Purdue
27 Minnesota

Until I see better linebacker play, and more speed from the defense, then I have no sense of optimism. Our offense matches up better against Purdue, but the overall fatigue factor from having a bad defense will hurt them.

I'll go Purdue 45 Minnesota 12

two missed extra points for us to add insult to injury

Im looking forward to Brohm's drive by handshake at end of game witha PJ.
As for game i just want to see signs of life from phars regardless of outcome.

The whole Purdue beat Iowa (really) beat Gophs dynamic does not give me much confidence.
Agreed. I won't be surprised to see Purdue win by two touchdowns.
I have zero faith in our defense being anything but a sieve.

Well, that's exactly what happened two years ago. Purdue beat Iowa 38-36 on November 3rd. Iowa beat Minnesota handily earlier in the season. Two weeks after Purdue beat Iowa, Minnesota absolutely hammered Purdue.

The betting lines have been wildly wrong in predicting how bad the Gophers are this year.

Saying Purdue -3 with O/U 63 ??? Yikes. I guess they think our offensive woes are a 1-week blip, and defense will continue to be the defense. Hey, I'd take that over what Iowa was.

Vegas:
Purdue 33
Gophers 30

Brain:
Purdue 31
Gophers 10

Heart:
Purdon't 35
Gophers 45

Top Bottom