Gopher/Purdue Line?

LesBolstad

Reaction score
What will the line be? I have a bet.

Purdue -3 or more and I lose.

Sagarin Ratings

Based on the Sagarin Ratings, Purdon't looks to be favored by 5.

Easy money taking the Gophers +5.

Boilers a slight favorite?

I was just thinking about that.

For comparison, we were a slight favorite vs. MSU, and the Badger game ended up as a pick 'em or the Badgers being a slight favorite.

I'd guess the Boilers will be a 1.5 or 2-point favorite.

Patience

Vegas line won't be out until Wed morning, maybe late Tuesday night.

Formerly #3 Villanova was a 3 point favorite at #19 Pitt, so I'd wager we will be 4ish point 'dogs.

Line

If I remember right we were only 6-7 dogs at Purdue.

For amusement only

Home Court in the Big 10 (thanks to the refs) is worth about 6 points. On a neutral court, I'd expect Purdue to have at least double digits. Therefore, I'd expect it to end up Purdue -4 to -6

I have picked the Gophers by 7. (I know more than some people. Just not much more.)

Go Gophers!

I was just thinking about that.

For comparison, we were a slight favorite vs. MSU, and the Badger game ended up as a pick 'em or the Badgers being a slight favorite.

I'd guess the Boilers will be a 1.5 or 2-point favorite.

If I were a betting man, I would never bet on a team I have an emotional attachment to. It leads to bad bets.

Anywhy if it was legal and the line was Purdue being only 1.5 to 2 point favs I would take Purdue to cover. If it was in the 4 to 6 point area I wouldn't play it. Thats not saying I think Purdue would win somewhere in that area but I just don't like my odds in that area.

Personally I think its going to be a tough game. Most Purdue people will admit that. But I have Purdue by 7-10. Not sure either pulling away hitting freethrows or just Purdue winning solidly.

Prudue

Hopefully Purdue is looking ahead to Mich St on saturday!

Home Court in the Big 10 (thanks to the refs) is worth about 6 points. On a neutral court, I'd expect Purdue to have at least double digits. Therefore, I'd expect it to end up Purdue -4 to -6

One of the few posts I've read lately that had any sense.

I would pass on betting at Purdue -3 but if it was below Purdue -2.5 I would take the Boilers to cover.

Top Bottom