Gopher Pro-Day

CurveballJesus

Reaction score
Starting a thread for the pro-day today.

Anyone heard of any coverage?

No way Bateman isn’t a first round guy after running that unless something happens between now and the draft

Wow, Rashod is a full 2 inches shorter than his listed height.

I don't think that's 6.003 ft, I think that's a (silly) code for 6'3". Because, you know, one day there could be an 11' tall person in the NFL, so you don't want to confuse that with someone who is 1'11" tall.

Are there just two players at the Pro Day? I know in the past players from other colleges were invited to participate.

I don't think that's 6.003 ft, I think that's a (silly) code for 6'3". Because, you know, one day there could be an 11' tall person in the NFL, so you don't want to confuse that with someone who is 1'11" tall.
I think it means 6 foot and 3/8ths. Sounds wacky but I thought I had read that is how scouts list it

I think it means 6 foot and 3/8ths. Sounds wacky but I thought I had read that is how scouts list it
Oh ... I see. Yeah that could easily be. So first is feet, second and third for inches, and last for eighths.

If so, I stand corrected and apologies to curveball!

Are there just two players at the Pro Day? I know in the past players from other colleges were invited to participate.
— Concordia-St. Paul defensive lineman Chris Garrett of Milwaukee. The 6-foot-5, 245-pound player had 36.5 sacks and a Division II record 15 career forced fumbles in only 28 games. The 22-year-old was invited to the East-West Shrine game but it was canceled in 2021.

— St. John’s quarterback Jackson Erdmann of Rosemount. The 6-foot-4, 215-pound transfer from Penn Sate didn’t have many opportunities to work out after the pandemic hit last spring. He threw for 5,040 yards, 64 percent completions, 47 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 2019.

— Minnesota State Mankato receiver/tight end Shane Zylstra of Spicer, Minn. The 6-foot-5 brother of Panthers’ special-teams player Brandon Zylstra set three Mavericks single-season school records — in receptions (81), yards (1,676) and touchdowns (18) in 2019.

— North Dakota receiver Travis Toivonen of Red Wing and St. Thomas tight end Nick Guggemos of Eden Prairie also are expected to work out.

— Four former Gophers players also will get another chance in front of scouts: offensive linemen Donnell Greene (2019 draft class) and Quinn Oseland (2020), who later transferred from the U to San Jose State, and defensive linemen Tai’yon Devers (2020) and Merrick Jackson (2018).

Correct. Anybody worried he's shrunk almost two inches and lost 20 lbs?

Personally disagree, but guess that's what will make it fun. I'd go late first/early 2nd and will be surprised if he makes it out of the 1st
I think he'll go in the first as well. The three WR needy teams that pick late in the first were all there today.

22-Tennessee
28 - New Orleans
29- Gren Bay

Enough size
Plenty of speed
GREAT route runner
Good hands
Solid IQ
High character

I predict one of those three takes him.

I'd say late 1st/early-to-mid 2nd for Bateman. It's all going to depend on how the draft unfolds. Looks like there's gong to be a run on QBs early and that might push Chase and the Alabama guys down a few slots, which would push Bateman down a bit. He's in the top fifty of every list I've seen and bunched with a few SEC guys (Toney, Marshall, and Elijah Moore). The guy who seems to have fallen a bit is Rondale Moore.

If I had a fantasy football team I'd take em both!

Correct. Anybody worried he's shrunk almost two inches and lost 20 lbs?
We could've easily inflated his height for our roster.

Maybe the lost weight was to drop his 40 time for the official timers, knowing he could put it back on?

We could've easily inflated his height for our roster.

Maybe the lost weight was to drop his 40 time for the official timers, knowing he could put it back on?
That was my point, albeit tongue in cheek. He also stated that he has always weighed below 200 lbs. I just think it is funny (even silly) how they do it for some (I think there's even a quote out there from Fleck stating Bateman had gained weight/strength and over was 200) but not others. St. Juste's height and weight at pro day is almost exactly what was listed on Gopher roster.

lol, he'll be drafted in the 1st
Would have to be top two for that IMO. I just do not think this will be a heavy receiver 1st round. Second round favors defense. It does not mean he does not deserve it, it depends on what teams want to spend money on this year.

Would have to be top two for that IMO. I just do not think this will be a heavy receiver 1st round. Second round favors defense. It does not mean he does not deserve it, it depends on what teams want to spend money on this year.
There is zero chance Bateman's name is still on the board at the end of the second round. He will either go in the late part of the first round or in the early part of the second round.

Really interested to see where St. Juste ends up going. 6'3" DBs that can cover are not easy to come by. A couple projections I have seen show him going in the round 3/4 area.

There is zero chance Bateman's name is still on the board at the end of the second round. He will either go in the late part of the first round or in the early part of the second round.

Really interested to see where St. Juste ends up going. 6'3" DBs that can cover are not easy to come by. A couple projections I have seen show him going in the round 3/4 area.
Yeah, that means probably Packers for Bateman if 1st round. :(

As for St. Juste, he has to be very intriguing for most teams based on his size, good speed, and skill attributes. His perceived skill deficiencies can be fixed with technique and practice. I think he has a pretty big upside.

Yeah, that means probably Packers for Bateman if 1st round. :(

As for St. Juste, he has to be very intriguing for most teams based on his size, good speed, and skill attributes. His perceived skill deficiencies can be fixed with technique and practice. I think he has a pretty big upside.
Packers were eviscerated last year for taking a project QB and not getting Rodgers a much needed WR or addressing other immediate needs. Packers need, interest and draft position all point to them taking him. Hope Tennessee nabs him at 22. He'd be the perfect complement to A.J. Brown.

Packers were eviscerated last year for taking a project QB and not getting Rodgers a much needed WR or addressing other immediate needs. Packers need, interest and draft position all point to them taking him. Hope Tennessee nabs him at 22. He'd be the perfect complement to A.J. Brown.
I think he goes earlier, to the Bears, which I would hate. Not because he would play against the Vikings, but that their line sucks and Dalton is the QB. Not a good spot for any WR.

My favorite video. Loved watching that guy play. Some lucky team is getting a good one.
5:20-5:40.

Top Bottom