Gopher Nation Deserves Brewster

I am sick and tired of hearing that stupid money angle. (Brewster is losing because we don't spend enough on strength coaches, etc.) Okay, then why does he lose to NDSU and SDU? They don't spend anywhere near what we spend. If Boise State can recruit into that ugly field and that ugly state, why can't we recruit here?

And I'm sick of the old codger praising Brewster every Sun. for coming on his show. He gets a free steak, you idiot.

I am sick and tired of hearing that stupid money angle. (Brewster is losing because we don't spend enough on strength coaches, etc.) Okay, then why does he lose to NDSU and SDU? They don't spend anywhere near what we spend. If Boise State can recruit into that ugly field and that ugly state, why can't we recruit here?

And I'm sick of the old codger praising Brewster every Sun. for coming on his show. He gets a free steak, you idiot.

Because they can no longer find any other scapegoats...

Now we can't win because of money? Stop it...

Cannot compete for rent

To be the primary location for HS tournament - the costs at the U are simply higher than at other venues.

The MSHSL bids the tournaments, and the U simply has not competed well for the revenue sports of that league.

NOw that the Dome has a competing stadium for football - that could change many things.

Just out of curiousity, as I have often wondered this, does anyone know why the U doesnt hold high school tournaments at their arenas?

I'd imagine many high school athletes would much rather play at Williams than Target Center and at TCF rather than the dome. Could help (a little) with recruiting of MN High School talent as well.

- Quite the non-sequitor, since no one is saying that is the reason for Brewster's record. It's a little amusing to see the guys who complain about Maturi not spending enough rush to defend him. You must remember from 2003 or so on Wren, Loon, etc. complained all the time about the lack of spending. There's even been threads about it this past few weeks. Brewster himself though has said that doesn't effect his record.

- You must have absolutely DESPISED Mason, Shaw and that bunch. They never quit complaining about how little they were being paid even after the raises. Now they never complined about recruiting budgets, strength coaches, etc. Only that they should have gotten more money in THEIR pockets.

"Thaileagle wants him gone. Bobby Bell wants him to stay."

Top Bottom