Gopher Men’s Basketball Gratitude 🧵

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
No, I’m not a complete idiot; a partial, yes, however I have found it helpful in life’s ups and downs to focus on the positive - the negative is patently obvious to all - others on here are not idiots either (I think 🤔) - we get what our record is.

So, please feel free to list something positive about the season and I kindly ask to not hijack and mock it (I’m fair game) and go negative, if you’ve ever spent time any time in an infusion center, then you’ll get my positive attitude philosophy.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised that the team continues to play hard and hasn’t quit, not even a bit. That to me makes me want to watch even when yelling at the TV - remarkably it doesn’t listen to me🤔

Well, they evoke sympathy, one of the nobler human traits.

Payne and Garcia seem to play well together. Building chemistry! Payne has had some nice assist totals.

I don't feel the need to spend 2-3 hours watching the road games.

The highest rated recruit in more than a generation is coming in who will provide a defensive presence we have not had in nearly a decade. Does this fit?
Now you are winging it.

Seriously though, I like the young kids we have and hope they stay and see success. That's the positive for me. Ben as well, I would love to see him break through next year with success that leads to something sustainable long term.

Evans definitely adds intrigue to next year, even if we go 1-19 this year and next. Something worth tuning into.

Regardless of good or bad basketball, I get to spend 2 hours watching the game with my son…pointing out what not to do

Yay! Now we have 2 scholarships to offer to not highly rated transfer players!

The highest rated recruit in more than a generation is coming in who will provide a defensive presence we have not had in nearly a decade. Does this fit?

We didn't even get to enjoy Holy Man's post for more than an hour before it became another shot to the groin.

Go Gophers!!

something positive - I like Ben Johnson as a person. He seems like the kind of guy you would like shooting the bull with, or the kind of guy who would be a good neighbor.

as far as the team - various players have shown flashes of ability. the big question - and the question that will decide whether Johnson keeps his job - is whether he can get the team to play as a team and with more consistency. flashes of good play just won't cut it in the B1G.

I really do like Williams Arena and, at least for the time being, the Gophers are in the most interesting conference in the country with the best conference television production anywhere. College basketball is extremely entertaining no matter how well the Gophers are doing.

To a man? I cannot say but personally speaking student athlete is not easy.
They might be the greatest kids in the world, but I have no idea. I bet Alabama didn’t think they had a player on their team capable of murder but here they are now.

Yes being a student Athlete is very difficult.

The gophers are currently Johnny Ringo at the conclusion of that scene. The fan base certainly looks as if someone just walked all over our grave.

Edit: As a positive, Evans decommitting opens the door for TT to return : )

Well in year 3 of Pitino things looked pretty bleak. Bad on and off the court and I don’t think there were many fans expecting much the next season. Add in a couple transfers, a really good freshman class, and development from returning players and they totally turned things around. Im hoping for a similar turn next year. Im probably being too optimistic but it takes a fair amount of optimism to be a Minnesota sports fan.

Top Bottom