Gopher media

Super fun and gets the fans going.

Found the video:

If this does not become a staple on gameday it will be a massively missed opportunity. The crowd loved it, and took to it right away with no prompting. That just doesn't happen, especially with our crowds.

If anyone affiliated with the gameday scoreboard crew is paying attention, please make this a permanent addition to the gameday rotation. Pick a great spot and cut it loose.

If this does not become a staple on gameday it will be a massively missed opportunity. The crowd loved it, and took to it right away with no prompting. That just doesn't happen, especially with our crowds.

If anyone affiliated with the gameday scoreboard crew is paying attention, please make this a permanent addition to the gameday rotation. Pick a great spot and cut it loose.
maybe they can do this before doing the gopher at the 4th quarter. with TV time outs getting longer it should work out if they do it right away.

maybe they can do this before doing the gopher at the 4th quarter. with TV time outs getting longer it should work out if they do it right away.
At the game they actually timed it up perfectly with the end of a TV timeout while Wisconsin had the ball. Got the crowd fired up. It was really cool the way the whole place got into it

I mentioned it in another thread but playing the Beatles Let it Be is always a solid move. Using it to subliminally sway the Replay Ref to let a Gopher INT call stand...Bravo!

Last edited:

I don't remember what song it was but they did fireworks with it! The crowd loved that it was a nice touch.

The media department stepped it up BIG TIME for this game. I thought they were spot on with nearly all their choices for music and videos. I was actually critical of them earlier in the season as it seemed they had fiddled with the 3rd/4th quarter break to the point it wasn't fun anymore. Well, that was back on track and the Queen/rodent thing was great and I laughed out loud when "jump around" came over the speakers during the field rush. Even the "Price is Right" failure audio that accompanied the Wisconsin field goal that bounced off the crossbar was perfectly timed and delivered. Can't say enough about how it all conspired to add to the atmosphere on Saturday night.

And he must have been really drunk to miss it because crowd was into it both times :)
Or maybe in the 30 minute bathroom lines! Or maybe both.

Can neither confirm nor deny these accusations! 😂😂😂
One time was for sure coming out of a media timeout when Wisconsin had the ball heading toward the scoreboard in the second half.

First one was in the first half but can’t remember when.

but I honestly don’t know how you could have missed it, the place was rocking during it both times. Are big chunks of the game missing from your memories as well? :)

One time was for sure coming out of a media timeout when Wisconsin had the ball heading toward the scoreboard in the second half.

First one was in the first half but can’t remember when.

but I honestly don’t know how you could have missed it, the place was rocking during it both times. Are big chunks of the game missing from your memories as well? :)
I think I was just zoned into the game (no missing pockets)… my voice is still completely gone from making so much noise (and during the first half voicing some displeasure with the referees - Though the 2nd half everything felt fairly officiated)!

I think I was just zoned into the game (no missing pockets)… my voice is still completely gone from making so much noise (and during the first half voicing some displeasure with the referees - Though the 2nd half everything felt fairly officiated)!
That is impressive focus to stay locked in during those TV timeouts. :)

I honestly only heard it once too :(
I thought it was awesome! I'd be okay if that was the intro into the 4th quarter.

This is a great idea. They should absolutely do it once every game, and doing it to start the fourth quarter music would be perfect. (And if that shortens the "do the gopher" part, even better.)

I don't remember what song it was but they did fireworks with it! The crowd loved that it was a nice touch.
All of the lights by Kanye. I really hope they make this a tradition at night games. The student section and the rest of the stadium picked up the concept really quickly. The whole stadium full of phone lights was beautiful.

All of the lights by Kanye. I really hope they make this a tradition at night games. The student section and the rest of the stadium picked up the concept really quickly. The whole stadium full of phone lights was beautiful.
the fireworks was with in the air tonight. I really wish they would change the stadium lights to LED to do flash patterns after we score as such or get colored ones like Alabama

Last edited:

the fireworks was with in the air tonight. I really wish they would change the stadium lights to LED to do flash patterns after we score as such or get colored ones like Alabama
That's awesome.

Get your checkbook out.😉

Top Bottom