Gopher legend, Bobby Jackson reportedly reitring from NBA

BleedGopher

Reaction score
My all-time favorite Gopher is calling it a professional career, according to a "tweet" from Yahoo sports. I can't find a link yet to verify.

Bobby had a very nice career including an NBA 6th Man of the Year Award, 2nd Team All Rookie, cover of SI, and averaged just under 10 points per game throughout his career.

He would appear to be a solid vet should a playoff team need some leadership and experiene as the season progresses, but as of now, it appears as if #24 is calling it a career.

Go Gophers!!

Bobby was amazing to watch and be around, he will easily go down as one of my favorite Gopher's of all time! My dad was on the inside with Clem when he was here, and my family actually had the the entire team over for dinner a few times. One time it was me and Bobby Jackson against my friend and Sam Jacobson in a game of sega basketball. That is one moment I will remember until the day I die!

Bobby and the 1996/1997 crew made my freshman year great. We got robbed against Kentucky in the Final 4. As I recall, the refs were awful. The play of the game was a reverse layup from Action Jackson. Thanks for the memories Bobby.

Has any Gopher ever had more heart and desire to win? What a great career, both here and in the NBA!

Bobby always had an instinct to know what to do with the ball with 5 seconds left on the time clock. He seemed to always find a way to the hole. On the other hand Tubbyapolis2, Sam Jacobson would be a much better partner at sega basketball. Sam was on computer games all the time.

Bobby always had an instinct to know what to do with the ball with 5 seconds left on the time clock. He seemed to always find a way to the hole. On the other hand Tubbyapolis2, Sam Jacobson would be a much better partner at sega basketball. Sam was on computer games all the time.

Sam was a stud too, but he is the only athlete I recall who actually suffered a video game injury! I think he had to miss a few games as he tweaked his lower back after sitting in a chair for 10 hours or so at one time playing video games!! I wonder how Roger Schiper reacted to that news!

Go Gophers!!

Sam was a stud too, but he is the only athlete I recall who actually suffered a video game injury! I think he had to miss a few games as he tweaked his lower back after sitting in a chair for 10 hours or so at one time playing video games!! I wonder how Roger Schiper reacted to that news!

Go Gophers!!

This is partially true. He actually fell off a chair playing video games. My roommates were there when it happened...

Has any Gopher ever had more heart and desire to win? What a great career, both here and in the NBA!

Eric Harris from that team comes to mind for me. Just as much heart and desire, just much less talent than Jackson. Loved that backcourt.

Really enjoyed BJ's NBA career too, especially his years with the Kings.

I had read a few weeks ago that Bobby was still interested in playing, but didn't want to go to camp without a contract (which is what most teams wanted him to do).

Really represented the Gophers well in the NBA and was a ton of fun to watch especially with those Sacramento teams.

Go Gophers!!

Joel Zumaya, pitcher for the Detroit Tigers, came under fire when he hurt his elbow. It was speculated it came from too much Guitar Hero.

Bobby was amazing to watch and be around, he will easily go down as one of my favorite Gopher's of all time! My dad was on the inside with Clem when he was here, and my family actually had the the entire team over for dinner a few times. One time it was me and Bobby Jackson against my friend and Sam Jacobson in a game of sega basketball. That is one moment I will remember until the day I die!

One time me and Bobby and Sam went over to Michael Jackson's house. And then Prince showed and we just all jammed.
chunk-249x300.jpg

I went to school with Bobby and lived on the same floor in the dorms with the '97 squad. I knew a couple of those guys. That was a magical time. To think of Bobby retiring makes me feel old as a mothergrabber.

It would say a lot about BJ if he would return to UM and complete his degree.

Top Bottom