Gopher Hockey

MrGopher

The Anti-Sioux
Reaction score
Schedule released today!!

http://www.gophersports.com/SportSelect.dbml?&SPSID=38858&SPID=3322&DB_OEM_ID=8400&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2010

North Dakota, Bemidji St., Mankato, and Colorado College all avoid coming to Mariucci.
Gophers will not travel to Denver, St. Cloud, Alaska-Anchorage, or Nebraska-Omaha.
We see Wisconsin, Duluth, and Michigan Tech 4 times each.
Non conference: 2 vs. Massachusetts, 1 vs. Mich, 1 vs. MichSt. 1 vs Union, 1 vs. Ferris St.-----all at Mariucci.
Exhibitions: U British Columbia, US Under-18 Team-----Both at Mariucci
No more home-away series with Mankato or St. Cloud.

Bemidji and Omaha are no pushovers, but their additions have thinned out the schedule a bit. The points are there for the taking... we'll see if the Gophers can grab them.

There is a group of people in Bemidji who are trying to get the state to put in 4-lane highway from the Twin Cities to Bemidji. There's a lot of time on that road on 2 lane highways. I wonder if a flood of people driving up Bemidji from the south might make people more inclined to put in 4 lane highway all the way to Bemidji.

I came back from Bemidji on Thanksgiving weekend when there was freezing rain, not fun at all. Traffic was stopped for miles, cars were pulled over as best as they could, and there was one guy with a sand truck trying to take care of it all. Not one guy driving and another shoveling sand, one guy who had to stop, shovel sand, get back in the truck, drive a few feet, shovel some more, etc.

Of course, it's not usually that bad. But it could be a lot nicer drive.

im a sioux fan but dont hold that against me. the gophs come to engelstad on jan. 14 and 15. i went to get some single game tickets today. the tickets sold out in under 5 minutes, thats going to be a great series, cant wait. i can see how gopher fans hate when the sioux dont travel to marriuchi. i hate it when the gophers dont come to engelstad too. do the gophers look to have a good team this year? i think the sioux are going to have a pretty good team this year. it all depends on eidsness having a good year, wouldnt mind seeing more of the backup dell either.

one more thing i forgot to mention is what do the gopher hockey fans think about the gophers taking the kid from minnetonka out of high school a year early. i dont really like it when the sioux bring in 18 year olds because i think the game moves too fast for them and some of them arent mature enough for the whole college experience. my opinion is let the kids play juniors until they are 19 or 20. think college hockey right out of high school is too big a step for most kids.

Not to mention the physical development. They just cant compete against the "freshman" from UND who are 20 and have played away from home in Juniors the past 3 seasons.

Top Bottom