Gopher Hockey Recruiting

Couldn't tell ya. I was watching the game not scanning the crowd.

Hendrickson will be key if Chan has any chance Thursday
You were the one who took the time to post on how important it was for them to be there. Seems like you would have scanned the crowd if you felt that strongly about it. I guess we'll assume they had someone there.

You were the one who took the time to post on how important it was for them to be there. Seems like you would have scanned the crowd if you felt that strongly about it. I guess we'll assume they had someone there.
Of course I would have recognized if I walked by one of the coaches. But was only on one side of the rink and no, didn't see any. Just a Mankato jacketed guy.

Offer Hendrickson. If not he will be committed somewhere else after the tourney.
Senior goalie transfer for next year (Airey can't be given the reigns with no competition)
Hendrickson in year after that

Gophers missed on Uhlenkamp. Will be an excellent four year college player.

Eat it, Lake Minnetonka Area All Stars!

Offer Hendrickson. If not he will be committed somewhere else after the tourney.
Senior goalie transfer for next year (Airey can't be given the reigns with no competition)

Gophers missed on Uhlenkamp. Will be an excellent four year college player.

Eat it, Lake Minnetonka Area All Stars!
Always nice to see those underprivileged blue collar Chanhassen kids succeed :)

JK, it is nice to see Tonka go down. They've basically become a de facto private school.

Always nice to see those underprivileged blue collar Chanhassen kids succeed :)

JK, it is nice to see Tonka go down. They've basically become a de facto private school.
At least all but 1 of them played in the same youth program growing up, and the other one's family moved to Chan rather than open enroll. Actually Hendrickson also moved around.

When Snuggerud left the Chaska job and Bloomfield wasn't given it/didn't take it and went to Chan, the power really shifted in CCHA area.

Last edited:

Star Trib First Team
Burrows (DU)
Nevers (UMN)
Wallin (Undecided)
Stout (UMD)
Huff (SCSU)
Hendrickson (Undecided)

Moore on the third team behind teammates Burrows and Schultz (UND). Obviously they should go after Hendrickson but also feels like they could offer Wallin (and do two years in USHL) because we need team speed. Townsend and Reid may be replaceable.

Burrows maybe the most likely Mr. Hockey but I'd pick Pilgrim (UND) or Uhlenkamp (uw).

Last edited:

USHL Point Per Game Rankings:
(1st - Eiserman (1.56))
14th - Pahlsson (1.21)
T31st - Hendrickson (1.00)
69th - Mooney (0.77)
T79th - Ziemer (0.71)
T91st - Falloon (0.67)
105th - Townsend (0.64)
T260th - Reid (0.31)
Kvasnicka - 1 point in 13 games

39th - Gruba (0.96) - First for D
Grimes - 7 points in 37 games
Rombach - 6 points in 45 games
Phillips - 4 points in 25 games
Whipple - 3 points in 21 games

Outside of Gruba, the D pipeline leaves a ton to be desired.

Shutout in game one, albeit only 12 shots. We're waiting, Bob...

Currently the 17th ranked 2007 MN forward.

Hirschfeld from SCC is the best player I've watched so far in the tourney. Skating, puck handling, shooting...total package. Where is he headed?

Alex Bump finalist for NCHC ROTY. What an absolutely massive miss in the portal that could have materially impacted this year's Gopher team, and the next two as well.

8 Minnesotans set to join NTDP. Wow. That might be a record. Gotta get at least three of them and gotta get the top one, Berchild.

Carrithers over Wendt will surprise some people.

Atlantic hockey goalie of the year. Would make a lot of sense for the gophers. That might be the upside to losing early is being able to get some of these guys cause they are gonna need it.

I don't know how anyone could look at this roster and objectively think they will contend. Plus I think it might be better for Pitlick, Huglen, Koster, and Nevers to move on. Yikes.

Pitlick-Moore-Kurth
Nevers-Huglen-Lamb
Hendrickson-Clark-Pahlsson
Strobel-Falloon-Ziemer
Mittelstadt, Pino

Koster-Chesley
Thomas-Rinzel
Mittelstadt-Gruba
Whipple
Rud, Begley

Airey
Someone else
Wiese

I don't know how anyone could look at this roster and objectively think they will contend. Plus I think it might be better for Pitlick, Huglen, Koster, and Nevers to move on. Yikes.

Pitlick-Moore-Kurth
Nevers-Huglen-Lamb
Hendrickson-Clark-Pahlsson
Strobel-Falloon-Ziemer
Mittelstadt, Pino

Koster-Chesley
Thomas-Rinzel
Mittelstadt-Gruba
Whipple
Rud, Begley

Airey
Someone else
Wiese
I dont know how you can look at that roster and objectively say they can’t contend. That’s a great top six defensive group with talent and experience. Maybe lacking firepower with the forwards I guess but some guys will improve like every year. Moore, Kurth, and Lamb will all be better.

But I’m certainly not shocked by your gloomy outlook.

Atlantic hockey goalie of the year. Would make a lot of sense for the gophers. That might be the upside to losing early is being able to get some of these guys cause they are gonna need it.

Justen Close, Minnesota, GR *
Vinny Duplessis, Quinnipiac, SR
Jacob Fowler, Boston College, FR
Kaidan Mbereko, Colorado College, SO
Kyle McClellan, Wisconsin, SR
Tommy Scarfone, RIT, JR
Ian Shane, Cornell, JR
Jake Sibell, St. Thomas, JR

Matthew Wood is supposedly going to the portal and the Gophers, uw, and UND are in the mix. That's how you change my outlook on that roster. Don't lose that one, Bob.

Matthew Wood is supposedly going to the portal and the Gophers, uw, and UND are in the mix. That's how you change my outlook on that roster. Don't lose that one, Bob.
Why would you think that Bob even has a shot at this kid? You have told us all, many times, that Bob does not care about the portal.

Why would you think that Bob even has a shot at this kid? You have told us all, many times, that Bob does not care about the portal.
Bob has said that he doesn't plan to use the portal in the past. Straight from his mouth. Now he sees he has to and that he should have for D help last season.

I don't think this is a controversial opinion... Matthew Wood would have a bigger impact next season than Snuggerud did for the Gophers this season. He hustles.

I don't think this is a controversial opinion... Matthew Wood would have a bigger impact next season than Snuggerud did for the Gophers this season. He hustles.
Wood put up PPG at Uconn in 2022-23 - would have been interesting what he could have done with Knies and Cooley on his line. I agree, I'll trade Snuggy for him.

Is it generally agreed upon the Snuggerud will sign a pro contract soon? Looks to me like he's not quite ready for that jump, but that's just me.

Yes it's been expected since the WJC, when he gave up on the team and stopped caring.

Top Bottom