Gopher great Kevin McHale interviewing for Rockets job

good for him

My opinion is that the Wolves would be a lot better off if he had been coach the last few years. He was not a great GM but he would be a very good coach and he proved it in his brief stints with a talent poor squad.

It's going to be a pretty long commute from his cabin to Houston.

My opinion is that the Wolves would be a lot better off if he had been coach the last few years. He was not a great GM but he would be a very good coach and he proved it in his brief stints with a talent poor squad.

I agree, couldn't compile talent, but I thought he did a decent job coaching whatever was on the floor.

Horrible GM, and too lazy to be a good coach. I mean, he has the knowledge and the people skills, but he's too lazy to be the answer long term.

Wishing Kevin well, no matter what. He WAS a very effective coach for the Wolves in his brief stints there. I don't know that he had much fire left in his belly after the way the franchise kind of disintegrated (partially his doing, admittedly) from the Joe Smith contract debacle. Perhaps he's rejuvenated, certainly isn't too old to jump in with both feet now.

It is simply mind boggling that McHale is being considered for any job in the NBA outside of broadcasting. McHale over Rick Adelman is too funny.

"He was trying to draw plays, and it was like a little Etch A Sketch. Like a kid just messing around." - Nuggets' guard Anthony Carter on Kevin McHale's first coaching stint with the Minnesota Wolves.

It is simply mind boggling that McHale is being considered for any job in the NBA outside of broadcasting. McHale over Rick Adelman is too funny.

"He was trying to draw plays, and it was like a little Etch A Sketch. Like a kid just messing around." - Nuggets' guard Anthony Carter on Kevin McHale's first coaching stint with the Minnesota Wolves.

And yet, they won games at a far greater rate than prior to him coaching them and almost made the playoffs. I believe they went 19-12 after he took over and were under .500 prior to him. Considering all the issues surrounding that team, that's nothing to sneeze at.

But yeah, choosing him over Adelman looks horribly stupid on first glance. But really, Adelman was done there, he didn't get along with the GM at all. McHale wouldn't be one of my first choices at all, but I'd put him in the mix of people I'd take a look at. I just wouldn't trust him to truly wanna do it for the long haul.

Well the NBA itself is a joke.

McHale can be successful if the Rockets get any players who can play and can sew Yao Ming's foot back on.

Top Bottom