Gopher Fans Buying GOLD

GOFUR

Section 238 - Row 4
Reaction score
I was at the Kohl's store in Maple Grove during the lunch hour checking out their Gopher Gear. While looking at a Gold hooded sweatshirt for my wife one of the store clerks walked up with a rack of the same hooded sweartshirts. She made the comment about this being the third rack that she has brought to the front of the store in the last two days. When I told her that tomorrow's game is a Gold Out she exclaimed "Oh that's why we're selling so much Gold".

GO GOPHERS!!

i was just at MOA and the college shop and goldy's locker room were both pretty full with people looking at the gold gopher gear as well. very frusterating walking into champs to find so much IA and WI gear and very little gopher gear.

I'm glad to see 1) an increase in sales of Gopher gear, 2) that the Gold out message is getting out.

I'm also glad that more people are picking up Gold sweaters. In the past, it's been mostly T-shirts that are gold, with sweaters and jackets being maroon. Nothing against Maroon, I have a Maroon sweater myself. But a Gold Out is a lot more practical during football season outdoors when you have people with Gold sweaters.

I have been predicting yet another "gold out" failure all along. I haven't even entertained the idea of it actually working. I was really frustrated at the Michigan game last year because I thought it was well communicated and it barely looked any different than a regular game.

What if I am wrong? That would be sweet.

I am doing my part. I am bringing four friends (all only get to a game or two per year) and I was very clear about the solid gold thing and even offered to let any of them wear extra gold of mine if they only have maroon.

I have been predicting yet another "gold out" failure all along. I haven't even entertained the idea of it actually working. I was really frustrated at the Michigan game last year because I thought it was well communicated and it barely looked any different than a regular game.

What if I am wrong? That would be sweet.

I am doing my part. I am bringing four friends (all only get to a game or two per year) and I was very clear about the solid gold thing and even offered to let any of them wear extra gold of mine if they only have maroon.

I think every other Gold Out they've had has been a flop - but honestly, I think this one will be awesome. I think they promoted it like crazy, I know a ton of friends that have bought gold, and I think a big deal is timing - people are fired up to play our biggest rival, so they will go the extra mile for the WI game. It also makes sense, as maroon can look like red...but last year, gold is actually one of MI's colors (technically maize), so there wasn't as much of a contrast. I'm excited to see what things are like tomorrow - I anticipate a sea of gold!

I hold out that this will be a success, not 100% but a huge improvement over the last gold out. Our 6 have bought special all-gold outifts so we will be reppin' and will be even 'golder' than our normal gold attire

Gold should be the predominant color for every game. It shows up better, especially in the sun shine. Look at other teams. PSU-white. OSU, Wisco, Indiana-red. Iowa-yellow. Most teams use their best of the two colors. When I was at OSU last year 99% of the Ohio people had an OSU football jersey on with a name on the back going all the way back Archie Griffin I think. With enough gold outs everyone will have gold stuff and will wear it.

I feel ashamed

A couple of questions....

I share tix with my folks and it doesn't sound as if they will be wearing gold despite my best efforts... advice!?!

My gold sweathshirt and long sleeve are a much softer gold than the regular (however, it is gopher gear) do I need new stuff?

Finally, does everyone have gold rain slickers if it pouring?

I share tix with my folks and it doesn't sound as if they will be wearing gold despite my best efforts... advice!?!
Buy them some and guilt them into wearing it?
My gold sweathshirt and long sleeve are a much softer gold than the regular (however, it is gopher gear) do I need new stuff?
I'd say you're ok.
I definitely don't and I don't think I'm in the minority.

A couple of questions....

I just bought a clear disposable poncho in case it rains so u can see the gold through it., but it doesn't look like it will, and if it does it will be very light.

You should get on those friends about the gold out, or find some extra gear for them to throw on :D I just had to call my buddy that doesn't have any gold and tear into him until he decided to give in b/c he didn't want to hear it from me anymore.

Goldy's Locker was doing brisk business in Ridgedale & MOA. The store in Ridgedale was packed on the Gophers' side but empty on the Vikes' side. Too bad! It wad very hard to find gold in a normal size.

Go Gophers!

A bunch of people buying gold at the Kohl's in Riverdale (coon rapids) tonight. I was pleasantly surprised at the Kohl's selection, actually.

I'm bringing a Michigan buddy of mine to the game and told him to wear gold. He called me from Fleet Farm on his way home from work to let me know he picked up yellow rain gear. Gotta like it.

I'm back to thinking it will fail. Cold, rain, etc. Hope I am wrong.

Top Bottom