Gopher Fans Are a Joke Today!!!

lakesgopher

Reaction score
I'm at the game today and I have heard booing after almost every play under 5 yards. We as fans are acting ridiculous, GROW UP and support the kids. No need to bitch in moan in the 2nd quarter.

The way we're playing I can't really blame them......

Worst

It's halftime and the fans are right - an awful game and an awful performance by our Gophers!

Poor pass coverage, hardly any pass rush, Weber all over the place with his passes (or whatever you call them), punter shanking the ball, penalities.........

Need I go any further?

The way we're playing I can't really blame them......

good attitude! hopefully recruits can watch our fan support today and be excited to go play in hogeye land or for becky...booing is sometimes needed but not in the first quarter after an incomplete pass!

I understand your frustration. But you can't expect people to just sit on their hands and say "aw-shucks" when they shell out money for a showing like this. I don't like booing either and personally, I've never done it at a Gopher game. But after watching the first half of today's game, I can understand why folks are upset.

It's halftime and the fans are right - an awful game and an awful performance by our Gophers!

Poor pass coverage, hardly any pass rush, Weber all over the place with his passes (or whatever you call them), punter shanking the ball, penalities.........

Need I go any further?

Penalties????? Illinois has 6, Minnesota 2

good attitude! hopefully recruits can watch our fan support today and be excited to go play in hogeye land or for becky...booing is sometimes needed but not in the first quarter after an incomplete pass!

Um, Weber has thrown the ball over 17 times, and only about 7 of those times has the ball come within 2 yards of the receiver. He has also thrown a pick-six on a lolly-gagging pass to the out pattern, and missed open man after open man, and then thrown into plenty of coverage as well. He's been sacked several times, only once the O-line's fault, and fumbled to lose 14 yards on a hike/handoff.

This has been one of the most pathetic QB performances that I've seen from a Gopher QB in my life. To go along with that, the defense has stunk terribly and the Gophers are getting terribly outcoached, and the players are getting extremely outplayed. Why is Illinois threading the needle on passes and making big catches but we aren't? The fans have every right to boo. We have come to expect lay-down-and-die performances from this team when they travel to ranked teams. We should never expect that at home, not in TCF anyway.

It's the timing and where they occur that has killed us on the 2 penalties

Um, Weber has thrown the ball over 17 times, and only about 7 of those times has the ball come within 2 yards of the receiver. He has also thrown a pick-six on a lolly-gagging pass to the out pattern, and missed open man after open man, and then thrown into plenty of coverage as well. He's been sacked several times, only once the O-line's fault, and fumbled to lose 14 yards on a hike/handoff.

This has been one of the most pathetic QB performances that I've seen from a Gopher QB in my life. To go along with that, the defense has stunk terribly and the Gophers are getting terribly outcoached, and the players are getting extremely outplayed. Why is Illinois threading the needle on passes and making big catches but we aren't? The fans have every right to boo. We have come to expect lay-down-and-die performances from this team when they travel to ranked teams. We should never expect that at home, not in TCF anyway.

^^^THIS

the booing after every incomplete pass is disgusting! people were booing after the first incompletion...i don't care which is better gray or weber, as long as we win. gray has shown a little bit of excitement, but he also looks like he has some happy feet! I just get real tired of the kids booing everything weber does...show some class

the booing after every incomplete pass is disgusting! people were booing after the first incompletion...i don't care which is better gray or weber, as long as we win. gray has shown a little bit of excitement, but he also looks like he has some happy feet! I just get real tired of the kids booing everything weber does...show some class

he threw three passes at least ten yards too far, he deserves to be boo'd. how about getting sacked on the 2 when he easily could have thrown it away??

Thanks for the wake up call Coach Mason. We should be happy with complete crap because we are Gopher fans.

+1 and thailleagle you are just a pure hater. Whether or not you like Weber it is STUPID for fans to boo your own QB at home in the 1st half. That is utterly terrible and can't help the confidence of the players on the field. Anyone who disagrees with this statement has serious problems and probably shouldn't be a fan.

+1 and thailleagle you are just a pure hater. Whether or not you like Weber it is STUPID for fans to boo your own QB at home in the 1st half. That is utterly terrible and can't help the confidence of the players on the field. Anyone who disagrees with this statement has serious problems and probably shouldn't be a fan.

Tool.

you're right. adam showed alot of hustle out there. tell him to meet me at mcdonalds and i'll buy him a nice frosty milkshake.

As a die-hard Gopher backer (as everyone knows from this board) I find absolutely NOTHING wrong with the booing that went on at the game. The fans were telling Brew that they think Weber is terrible, which is obvious to everyone but the coaching staff. Again today, at least 5 times where he missed guys that were completely open on 5 yard pass plays, just throwing balls into the ground. I see nothing wrong with booing that performance, we want to see Gray!!!!!!!

My comments from another thread:

Personally, I like the passion that the crowd is showing at TCF Bank Stadium. The fans have a better stadium, they've created a better atmosphere and they expect a better team on the field. They expect their team to win against a lesser opponnent at home in November. I don't think that's unreasonable. If that means they boo when they're pissed off then i'm ok with that. I'll take that over the dull, boring, lifeless atmostphere of the metrodome any day.

You people are hopeless. You boo after the game or late if it is a blow out. Booing your own QB in the 1st quarter is stupid. Any true football fan knows that. It does nothing but hurt your team.

booing?

I've never booed at the team but have at the refs (at least in BB), but the team needs to EARN support too, and the heart is not out there like it was last week, at least not in the first half. The booing stopped in the second half. PSU fans are booing their offense too.

I was at the game today and the boo-birds and hecklers were out. The second botched kickoff, broken tackles by receivers, and dropped passes in the 2nd half really brought them out.

When football teams lose you should always blame the fans rather than the players and coaches. What could possibly go wrong with that approach? When Mason called the students a bunch of drunkards everyone loved him for it.

I agree many of the students that were booing are a joke. I dont have aproblem booing when its called for...the shanked punt comes to mind. However, atleast know what the heck your talking about. That interception was only 50% webers fault. Anyone who calls themselves a football fan should know that on a stop pattern yo have to come back for the ball and not just stand there waiting for it to come to you. Also, what the heck is up with sending all 4 recievers out on go routes with no outlet pass for the qb. Thats poor play calling.

Weber should be booed from here on out until he is no longer the starting QB. He is the worst QB I have ever seen play, 4 years as a starting QB in high school and 3 years starting in College and he still can not pass worth crap. I love this coaching staff but how much more does Weber have to do to prove he sucks before getting benched?

No need to boo...

I'm not one for booing high school or college kids period. If they play poorly it's either because they aren't as good as the opposition or they were poorly prepared. They lost by 3 points today. I see no need to boo anybody in a game as close and exciting as this on was.

Weber should be booed from here on out until he is no longer the starting QB. He is the worst QB I have ever seen play, 4 years as a starting QB in high school and 3 years starting in College and he still can not pass worth crap. I love this coaching staff but how much more does Weber have to do to prove he sucks before getting benched?

It's fine if you don't like him, but to say he is the worst QB you have ever seen is completely absurd, and you know it. Someone else said he is the least accurate QB he has ever seen. Seriously? The guy was 2nd team all Big Ten last year. You'd think maybe there are a few worse QBs, maybe. Like 9 maybe. Obviously he has regressed this year, but stop being ridiculous. He had 416 yards one week ago. 5 tds. I'm sorry that you don't like him, but please don't be so extreme.

I agree with the OP, no need to boo in the first. If you want to see Gray so bad, tell him not to fumble in the few opportunities he has. There's a reason the staff doesn't trust him quite yet. I don't think missing his wide open pass when the entire Illinois team was expecting him to run is helping his cause.

I usually love this board, but after gameday, you really can't take anything that's said seriously until a few days after. I think Schnauzer goes by this idea too, and I might have to follow suit.

I was at the game and didn't hear any booing until the very end of the first half. Think about what went into it. The team, from the coaching staff on down laid an egg in the first half. I didn't join the fray - I agree that because they are students first, booing at non-pro games shows a lack of class. I was mystified (again) at the play calling. For a coach that is suppose to be about power running, where was the running game. There was absolutely no attempt to establish the run. Instead I counted 4 or 5 straight fly pass plays in the 1st quarter alone. I choose to believe that most of the fans booing knew enough to direct their frustration at the coaching staff who created and attempted to execute the "game plan". It's true that adjustments were made in the locker room and the second half was better but the first half hole was too much... Coaching is about putting your players in a position to win. We lost to a bad team playing with a backup QB for most of the game, at home, with visions of a decent bowl game in reach. I put this one squarely on the coaching and the coaches deserved to be booed for this one as much as Mason and his staff deserved to be booed for the games where their squads laid eggs due to coaching...

I'm at the game today and I have heard booing after almost every play under 5 yards. We as fans are acting ridiculous, GROW UP and support the kids. No need to bitch in moan in the 2nd quarter.

I was at the game, and this is completely NOT true. People were booing at a few plays like Weber getting sacked and not getting rid of it, or the Weber pick 6. There was some booing at the end of the half at 28-7. You're dreaming if you don't think this happens everywhere.

It's fine if you don't like him, but to say he is the worst QB you have ever seen is completely absurd, and you know it. Someone else said he is the least accurate QB he has ever seen. Seriously?
It's just hyperbole. I sure they realize that the statements aren't factually correct, but that's not the point.

Top Bottom