Gopher Fan Attendance

Reaction score
Guys and Gals:

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at the number of Gopher fans that showed up for the game last night. It's only the second away game I've attended since I graduated and moved out of state. The last one was in Memphis and it's seems there were a lot more people at this game. Pretty good considering how far MTSU is from Mpls/St. Paul and how frustratingly mediocre this team has been over the last 40 years. Good show. :clap:

From the perspective of a TV viewer, I was impressed by the size of the Maroon & Gold section. The camera panned over to it several times but Edward R. Murrow and Pat Summerall in the booth never said anything about it.

From the perspective of a TV viewer, I was impressed by the size of the Maroon & Gold section. The camera panned over to it several times but Edward R. Murrow and Pat Summerall in the booth never said anything about it.

Too busy prepping for his next recording session to notice. As I posted in the Game Thread at TDG, Sean Henderson missed a great opportunity. While his son was playing 3rd string on ESPN3, the Gophers played on The U and the announcers gave 2 chances that Sean could have taken to launch his rapping career. :rolleyes:

Loud and Proud

We made our presence known. There were quite a few expatriates throughout the stadium as well. With the metal bleachers, we were doing a bit of foot stomping. The crowd was much more sparse than reported. I think there might have been 5000 no-shows.

Did have one incident when a Gopher fan popped a MTSU beachball. A couple of young toughs tried to start a fist fight, but were ejected.

Great fun at the end when the team came over and sang the Rouser.

Hoese got the game ball and was carried around the locker room by his mates.

Great night all around.

Highwayman:

Yeah I saw that dude get into it with the Gopher fan. Police got on that real quick. Was funny watching his seemingly drunk buddies following him and the cop out. I thought MTSU was a "dry" campus:p

Too busy prepping for his next recording session to notice. As I posted in the Game Thread at TDG, Sean Henderson missed a great opportunity. While his son was playing 3rd string on ESPN3, the Gophers played on The U and the announcers gave 2 chances that Sean could have taken to launch his rapping career. :rolleyes:

This is right on.:clap:

The beachball thing was right next to us. I was impressed with how fast the police handled it.

The fans were great for the most part. After MTSU tied the score it got pretty quiet but that changed big time when we fought back, tied the game and took the lead.

There were a lot of empty seats in the Gopher section. I actually had to buy my tickets through MTSU. Our ticket office told me they could not sell them to me. I did not get it. I am a lifetime alumni, member of the Goal Line Club, etc. I don't live up north any more so I no longer have season tickets. A lot of the Gopher fans were spread around the stadium. It would have great if unused tickets were released. I noticed the same kind of thing during the first round of the NCAA's 2 years ago. Quite a few gold and marooners but empty seats in the Gopher section.

The beachball thing was right next to us. I was impressed with how fast the police handled it.

The fans were great for the most part. After MTSU tied the score it got pretty quiet but that changed big time when we fought back, tied the game and took the lead.

There were a lot of empty seats in the Gopher section. I actually had to buy my tickets through MTSU. Our ticket office told me they could not sell them to me. I did not get it. I am a lifetime alumni, member of the Goal Line Club, etc. I don't live up north any more so I no longer have season tickets. A lot of the Gopher fans were spread around the stadium. It would have great if unused tickets were released. I noticed the same kind of thing during the first round of the NCAA's 2 years ago. Quite a few gold and marooners but empty seats in the Gopher section.

I must have been sitting directly behind you. I was at the top of the section where the incident occured. The police where standing there watching the whole incident, when the student got out of his seat and started making his way over there the cop was already on his way down.

LOL :D LOL

Top Bottom