Gopher expectations for individual players 2019-2020

Otis

Reaction score
Just wondering what the expectations are for current Gophers with regard to scoring, rebounding and such for next year. Here are mine:

Amir Coffey - 18pts, 5reb, 4 assists - Potentially could average 20 but additional shooting talent and being put off ball may temper expectations. Possible B1G player of the year.

Daniel Oturu - 13pts, 10reb, 3blks - With a full off-season weight program, I expect him to be a beast! Expectations could be higher but he will not be main emphasis of the Gopher attack.

Gabe Kalesheur - 15pts, 5reb, 2.3stl - Gabe should see more open shots with the addition of extra shooters and a pass first PG. Could be all-B1G level.

Marcus Carr - 10pts, 5.4assists, 2steals - If everything we hear about him is true, this should be a reasonable expectation. Looking forward to seeing him in action.

Curry - (if healthy) - 8pts, 7reb - Just want to see him play full speed and unencumbered again. Showed so much potential as a freshman.

Jarvis Omersa - 3pts, 5reb, 2.1 stls - Jarvis is never going to be an offensive force till he masters some post moves. figure max 10 min/game

Michael Hurt - 5pts, 3reb 2 skinned knees - Considering our bench averaged about ten pts/game last year, I'm just hoping Michael averages 4-5 shots per game!

Isaiah Ihnen - 5pts, 3reb - With Coffey back, I think he sees little playing time. Best bet is he explodes for a high scoring total at least once but not much else.

Payton Willis - 4-5 shots per game fo 4pts off the bench - I'm not expecting much here. But here's hoping!

Tre Williams - 7pts, 2reb, 2 asssts - I think this kid is going to make us think of Gabe 2.0 by the end of the year. He has a lot of confidence and can score. Best player off the bench by the B1G tourney!

Sam Freeman - 10min, 4 fouls, 3pts and 4reb - This prediction will all depend on how much time he gets behind Oturu and how much C Curry plays.

that's 91 pts per game, which isn't going to happen. But I have no idea how Pitino will rotate these guys.

I feel good about the first four if Pitino continues to play iron 5 ball. But I don't think he will with the stable he has.

Go-ahead and bash me.

Last edited:

Top Bottom