Gopher BB Parking Program

Wow.

If there are 16 home games (is that high?) that's $13 each game to park. It wasn't all that long ago that it was $5. And most non-season ticket holders will have a quite a hike.

Keep in mind this is now a big-time program and we have to dole out the cash if we want to play with the big boys.

Wow.

If there are 16 home games (is that high?) that's $13 each game to park. It wasn't all that long ago that it was $5. And most non-season ticket holders will have a quite a hike.

There were 21 home games last year (counting exhibition games). I bet there will be 18 this year (counting exhibition games). That would make it $11.60 per game to park.

Wasn't it $10 per game last year in most of those lots?

Parking

Unless they raise the rate, I'm pretty sure we parked in the Oak St ramp for less than $10 last year. Crappy lot but reasonably priced.

I don't know about everyone else, but I have season tickets and don't pay a dime all year for parking. I prefer saving some money for like a 7 minute walk. Plus there's no traffic getting out of a parking lot or even traffic after I get out.

This sort of thing isn't about cheap parking - it is about the convenience of knowing you can leave home or work a little later assured that you have a parking spot right next to Williams. Plus, in January and February you have a guaranteed short walk.

As Shikenjanski said - we are big-time now, and we need to start acting like it.

I don't know about everyone else, but I have season tickets and don't pay a dime all year for parking. I prefer saving some money for like a 7 minute walk. Plus there's no traffic getting out of a parking lot or even traffic after I get out.

shhhh! keep it down . .

There were 21 home games last year (counting exhibition games). I bet there will be 18 this year (counting exhibition games). That would make it $11.60 per game to park.

Wasn't it $10 per game last year in most of those lots?

Yeah--I forgot about the exhibition games.

But it's 11.60 a game whether you park there or not, and there are plenty of season ticket holders whose tickets go unused for Exhibition games and hyphen opponents, so that's money that wouldn't have been spent.

To some other points--I know about one parking area about seven minutes away (walking quickly), but there's only so much room there. Maybe there are others I don't know about, but I still think lots of people w/o season tickets are going to have some long cold walks--or take the bus. And I worry that some of them will make up for it by leaving even earlier than before.:mad:

And yes, I do realize that the money for Tubby's salary doesn't grow on trees.

Am I missing something? Did the parking situation get that much worse between the end of last season and now?

I think this is a smart move by the U -- gives them positive cash flow and gives the season ticket holders a guarantee that they're able to get parking without circling several ramps, etc. The only downside I can see is that more season ticket holders may decide to arrive later for games, knowing that they have a guaranteed spot.

Lot C58 is a good location and was used by a lot of fans with handicap stickers/plates as it has good access to Williams through the Pavilion. I wonder how many spaces will be available under this program for able-bodied ticket holders ... it seemed to be "handicapped only" for most (if not all) of the B10 conference games.

I'll probably stay with getting to the games early and parking on the street. Then I can justify a beer or two after the game because I "saved" money and "banked" calories with the walk. Of course, we need to still deal with the wind and snow/ice falling horizontally.

For those interested, are season ticket holders going to be mailed info on the parking program or is there something else I'm supposed to do? The graphic makes it look like it would be mailed out, but I haven't seen anything in the mailbox yet. Thanks.

Top Bottom