Gopher Apparel

dave52

Reaction score
Now that my son and I have season tickets we need to gear up. Where's a good place to find stuff not that expensive? I'm sure there's something on campus but that will probably be top dollar. I love old school looking clothes with just the M. I got a great T-shirt a year or two ago at either Kohls or JC Penny...can't remember. Any ideas?

I don't usually find good sales on gopher gear. I circle between Goldy's, Target, Kohls, Herbergers and Dicks.

Now that my son and I have season tickets we need to gear up. Where's a good place to find stuff not that expensive? I'm sure there's something on campus but that will probably be top dollar. I love old school looking clothes with just the M. I got a great T-shirt a year or two ago at either Kohls or JC Penny...can't remember. Any ideas?

If you want stuff that is just a plain color with a printed block M on the front there are usually some affordable things if you stay away from the name brand stuff (Nike, Under Armour, etc.). I just looked on their website and there are plain t-shirts in maroon and gold with a block M on the front for $9.99 and long sleeve shirts with "Minnesota" across the front for $19.99. Might be worth a look. I'm not sure what exactly you are looking for but there are definitely some options there. Some diamonds in the rough in the clearance section from time to time as well.

You can always check out Savers (a local thrift store), there are often some Gopher shirts there.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

If you work downtown Mpls, there is a great store in the skyway level of Northstar building. They have pretty cheap sports gear for all the local teams.

I second the Fleet Farm option. We got a bunch of stuff at FF in Rochester a couple weeks ago. Almost all Gopher stuff was on clearance.

I've had good luck and Marshall's and TJ Maxx. Sometimes you can even find top brand stuff that is previous season for a good price. I bought a Nike polo from there like the coaches wear for about $20 when it would have been $60+ at Goldy's Locker Room the year before.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone...I do work downtown and I forgot about the sports store next to the coin store, TJ maxx is also a great option.

Over the last year, I find that fanatics.com to be a great website if you are looking for all the Nike apparel as they usually cheaper than Goldy's, the bookstore, etc. They also offer you discounts based on your previous order for your next order. I ordered so much for Christmas off of there site last year that I basically got a Vikings Nike jersey for $50 with the "fan cash" they offer.

The only downside is, if you need to try things on, you obviously won't be able to do that. But, overall, fanatics is a solid site if you are comfortable online shopping.

Marshall's and Penney's carry stuff. The Gordman's in burnsville has a lot as well. Marshall's had cheap Gopher rain jackets a while back, i'm kicking myself for not grabbing them. I usually browse the clearance racks at Macy's too, i've gotten some gear there.

TJ Max has decent quality, affordable items.

If it is price,ff. If it is quality and really maroon Kohls, Football Fanactics as well as U of M Bookstore can't be beat.

I have found that Target and Wal-Mart surprisingly have some good selection if you are looking for basic "M" style or Goldy Gopher adorned t-shirts, sweatshirts and specifically, lower prices.

Over the last year, I find that fanatics.com to be a great website if you are looking for all the Nike apparel as they usually cheaper than Goldy's, the bookstore, etc. They also offer you discounts based on your previous order for your next order. I ordered so much for Christmas off of there site last year that I basically got a Vikings Nike jersey for $50 with the "fan cash" they offer.

The only downside is, if you need to try things on, you obviously won't be able to do that. But, overall, fanatics is a solid site if you are comfortable online shopping.
Agreed fanatics is great and usually not too expensive compared to similar places.

Fanatics.com as others have said.

Also try eBay for gently-used jerseys. Tons of kids' sizes.

I've had good luck and Marshall's and TJ Maxx. Sometimes you can even find top brand stuff that is previous season for a good price. I bought a Nike polo from there like the coaches wear for about $20 when it would have been $60+ at Goldy's Locker Room the year before.

Ditto. I buy lots of stuff there. I get a lot of my Twins and Gophers gear there. Seems like they have better gopher stuff for kids than adults though (and vice versa for Twins). And if you're not a regular Marshalls shopper, the stuff does kind of come and go (one week they may have a ton of stuff and the next week none).

Kohl's is decent too especially if you hit the sales right.

Goldy's Locker room and the bookstore in Coffman are the best selection.

Kohls always has a pretty decent selection as well as good prices. They carry Nike as well as some good smaller brands.

fleet farm and khols. no need to look anyplace else.

Top Bottom