Gopher 2011 recruit Nemanja Djurisic

I think Brooks is the one in line for Trevor's scholarship. Bad sign that there will be even more available...

Gene Keady Used To Say

Recruiting is like shaving. Skip a day or two and pretty soon, you look like a bum.

"Bad sign that there will be even more available..."

I'm not so sure that would be a terrible sign. Other than losing Trevor early -- we really need him -- a lot of new blood into the program may not be such a bad thing. I'm intrigued to see if the guys sitting out this year (Mo, Eliason, Oto) can compete for significant playing time over the guys that got most of the time this year. Ditto for Coleman, Andre Hollins & perhaps Brooks & Welch.

Recruiting is like shaving. Skip a day or two and pretty soon, you look like a bum.

Maybe some would rather Tubby only recruit for the known available scholies and miss out on a player or two if more become available so they can make some more posts pointing out how his recruiting and coaching sucks.

"Bad sign that there will be even more available..."

I'm not so sure that would be a terrible sign. Other than losing Trevor early -- we really need him -- a lot of new blood into the program may not be such a bad thing. I'm intrigued to see if the guys sitting out this year (Mo, Eliason, Oto) can compete for significant playing time over the guys that got most of the time this year. Ditto for Coleman, Andre Hollins & perhaps Brooks & Welch.

I guess that really depends on who's leaving. If it's Ralph or Rodney, it's not a good thing. If it's one of the current freshman, it's probably not so bad. We're already going to have 5 players who didn't play at all and one who played half a season coming into the rotation. That's plenty of people to incorporate already. Adding one or two more is like starting over completely.

Maybe some would rather Tubby only recruit for the known available scholies and miss out on a player or two if more become available so they can make some more posts pointing out how his recruiting and coaching sucks.

If the shoe fits. I'm sure if this kid plays great defense but can't shoot or dribble to save his soul, Tubby will snatch him up.

In addition Marcus also said that-

Yuba College (Cali.) guard Julian Welch is on his way to Minnesota today. Miller Grove (Ga.) High School forward Henry Brooks coming in Sat.

I guess that really depends on who's leaving. If it's Ralph or Rodney, it's not a good thing. If it's one of the current freshman, it's probably not so bad. We're already going to have 5 players who didn't play at all and one who played half a season coming into the rotation. That's plenty of people to incorporate already. Adding one or two more is like starting over completely.

Where the heck are Ralph and Rodney going? This talk of Rodney going NBA is ludicrous, just because he has athletic potential and dunks doesn't make him NBA===he can't even dominate a Big Ten game. Ralph is soft.

Rodney could leave to do a Globetrotters or European team but only the Twolves would be dumb enough to draft him.

Where the heck are Ralph and Rodney going? This talk of Rodney going NBA is ludicrous, just because he has athletic potential and dunks doesn't make him NBA===he can't even dominate a Big Ten game. Ralph is soft.

Rodney could leave to do a Globetrotters or European team but only the Twolves would be dumb enough to draft him.

Just because it's not a good idea, doesn't mean they won't do it. I think they would both be 2nd round picks.

Can someone direct me to one mock draft that predicts any Gopher to be selected in the upcoming draft? I remain mystified at all the Gopher fans predictions that Gopher BB players on this team are ready for the NBA.

I'm aware! Isn't the worlds greatest coach expected to change that?

The U hasn't W anything in football for 50 years and even longer (forever) in basketball.

Basketball hasn't "won anything" for 50 years? That's hyperbole. The Gophers won a Big Ten championship in 1982. ... that's 29 years, not 50. By your definition, do appearances in the Sweet 16 or better. ..

1982 -- Sweet 16 (29 years)
1989 -- Sweet 16 (22 years)
1990 -- Elite 8 (21 years)

count as "winning"? But how the heck would you know, you weren't around here to enjoy those seasons like some of us were. You might not even have been HLMOT (hotel lobby meeter of Tubby) yet.

I get your point, it's been awhile for the U (without cheating), but at least use a factual timeframe when making your point.

Basketball hasn't "won anything" for 50 years? That's hyperbole. The Gophers won a Big Ten championship in 1982. ... that's 29 years, not 50. By your definition, do appearances in the Sweet 16 or better. ..

1982 -- Sweet 16 (29 years)
1989 -- Sweet 16 (22 years)
1990 -- Elite 8 (21 years)

count as "winning"? But how the heck would you know, you weren't around here to enjoy those seasons like some of us were. You might not even have been HLMOT (hotel lobby meeter of Tubby) yet.

I get your point, it's been awhile for the U (without cheating), but at least use a factual timeframe when making your point.

I interpreted Beav's remark as winning a national title. True, Gophers have won 4 B10 titles (counting 1997 too) in past 80+ years.

I saw the 1990 team get beaten by UC in Nov 1989. One of best college game I ever saw.

I've followed B10 basketball since 1969 (as Purdue freshman student) and am familiar with Gopher basketball history.

I'm aware! Isn't the worlds greatest coach expected to change that?

Well..MAYBE we can CHUG on over to NAMBY PAMPBY LAND and find a little SELF CONFIDENCE for YOU YA JACK WAGON!

Tissue?

Cry baby!

Nemanja

I look forward to this kid being mentioned on Sid's show.

Respectfully, Sid can barely pronounce "oatmeal" these days.

:)

I want a Big Ten banner. Any NCAA tourney success would be icing on the cake. After a few years people forget what you did in the big dance, unless you win, but conference championships last forever.

Re: Sampson and Williams..."I think they would both be 2nd round picks"

I highly doubt they would be second round NBA Draft picks.

I want a Big Ten banner. Any NCAA tourney success would be icing on the cake. After a few years people forget what you did in the big dance, unless you win, but conference championships last forever.

to each their own I guess. I'd rather see a final four banner hanging in the barn than a regular season championship.

Anyone know if we have a real shot at Henry Brooks? I'd be very happy if Tubby can get him.

GH

Anyone know if we have a real shot at Henry Brooks? I'd be very happy if Tubby can get him.

I have no real info but would be very surprised if one of these two does not commit during the weekend. First come first serve young men.

I look forward to this kid being mentioned on Sid's show.

Respectfully, Sid can barely pronounce "oatmeal" these days.

:)

But he can now say infrerlllstricitture. Can someone please tell him what it means.:rolleyes:

I'm trying to be realistic.

This years top 3 teams in the Big ten have been ranked 1, 8, and 14th. You find that to be more realistic than a final four? I would hope if Gophers are ranked in any of those spots to end the season that final four is VERY realistic.

"In case Trevor makes the leap to the NBA?

I would say it's 90-10 right now against him coming back and 10 % may be generous.

Top Bottom