Good win tonight!

Reserve

Reaction score
Good win tonight. Obviously a few things to clean up but the freshman are stepping up.

Nice bonus feed for those of us having given up on watching the game and having Lunardi do the color for St. Joe's as well.

Didn't get to watch until the last 4 minutes...

Just a question on Rodney's low minutes for someone who saw the game. Related to his ankle or not effective play (this doesn't need to be another debate on his worth as a basketball player)? Thanks.

Just a question on Rodney's low minutes for someone who saw the game. Related to his ankle or not effective play (this doesn't need to be another debate on his worth as a basketball player)? Thanks.

I don't know if his ankle was an issue, but I'd say it was poor play early that got him in Tubby's doghouse.

Rodney was playing tentatively. Threw away a few passes and was ineffective. It was good to see him come in late in the game and make an aggressive drive and score.

Overall, good win. Joseph and Walker played very well. Hoff was as he always is, so was Trevor. Ralph and Rodney were disappointments. They probably are the two on the team that have NBA futures yet they can't seem to put it together. Oh well, one of these days.

The FT's were much better but they didn't take many, so it's hard to say.

Mbakwe was great. He's the type of guy who is still valuable when his offense is struggling because of the defense and rebounding he brings. That's the difference between him and someone like Sampson.

Tubby sounds whipped on the cco postgame or maybe sick, one of the two. Lotsa praise for the freshman tonight. He said they took better care of the ball than the veterans. He also said that Hollins, at least now, is our defensive stopper and can be the most like Damian Johnson with his length. He's also really high on Mo. Great hands, knowledge, understanding of the game.

Mbakwe was great. He's the type of guy who is still valuable when his offense is struggling because of the defense and rebounding he brings. That's the difference between him and someone like Sampson.

Mbakwe and Hoff are the rocks of this team. By far the most consistent and clearly the leaders as well.

From the radio telecast it sounded like the Gophers were getting home cooked pretty bad at times tonight. I know it sounded like some of the calls went our way - was the officiating that bad?

From the radio telecast it sounded like the Gophers were getting home cooked pretty bad at times tonight. I know it sounded like some of the calls went our way - was the officiating that bad?

it was ghastly in their favor. Martelli through his jacket into the crowd and didn't get a T, yet complains about the refs. How does that work?

it was ghastly in their favor. Martelli through his jacket into the crowd and didn't get a T, yet complains about the refs. How does that work?

It wasn't that bad. A couple loose balls and the fact that Martelli deserved a T. But I'd kill for every road Big Ten game to be this even.

It wasn't that bad. A couple loose balls and the fact that Martelli deserved a T. But I'd kill for every road Big Ten game to be this even.

+1 Not to many fouls called either way. I didn't really notice the refs at all.

+1 Not to many fouls called either way. I didn't really notice the refs at all.

+1 Seemed fair. I don't think the refs saw the jacket throw. Could have been more foul calls on the Gophers for not boxing out and then trying to body the Hawk after they got position inside. Seems like we have forgotten how to box out.

Rodney had several quick fouls and then he sat. Also, looks like his ankle is still bothering him.

Good interview with RSII - seems like a good guy. Lunardi was very pleased with the interview.

I didn't watch tonight, but other than steals, I don't think that Hollins has played very good defense. I think he will be a very good defender (and he's done fine for a freshman) but so far he's really given up a ton of open looks. The sad part is, he probably is our best defensive stopper (non including big men) with Nolen out.

Tubby sounds whipped on the cco postgame or maybe sick, one of the two. Lotsa praise for the freshman tonight. He said they took better care of the ball than the veterans. He also said that Hollins, at least now, is our defensive stopper and can be the most like Damian Johnson with his length. He's also really high on Mo. Great hands, knowledge, understanding of the game.

I didn't watch tonight, but other than steals, I don't think that Hollins has played very good defense. I think he will be a very good defender (and he's done fine for a freshman) but so far he's really given up a ton of open looks. The sad part is, he probably is our best defensive stopper (non including big men) with Nolen out.

I am a big Austin fan, but I agree he is not our best defender. I would say Chip is better among the freshmen. Austin has had several steals with his long arms. They will all get better.

+2. Not bad at all IMO.

Hey all. First Time poster, long time fan. I am actually a member of the pep band. I saw the thread yesterday about the game not being on tv and wanted to share my knowledge about how to watch it, but my account was not validated until this morning. What I did to watch the game was sign up for a month of the CBS sports online all-access (same thing as the video account on the St. Joseph's website) and used the coupon code "FREEMONTH10". This code gave me a free month of all-access video that I used to watch the game last night! I then canceled my subscription this morning since all the next games will be on feeds that I get. Now about the game...

I think we did a great job keeping up the tempo of the game. At times we forced early shots when there was no one to rebound or gave away balls on stupid passes, but I think this style of play, along with our ability to outwork teams under the basket, helped with this victory. My other key to winning games has always been making free throws. We are a team that will be getting fouled a lot, and converting on these opportunities can really snuff out a team. If we had made more FT against Cornell, they would not have been able to still hang around in game. Well thats all for now! I am excited to chat with you all about my favorite college sport!

Hey all. First Time poster, long time fan. I am actually a member of the pep band. I saw the thread yesterday about the game not being on tv and wanted to share my knowledge about how to watch it, but my account was not validated until this morning. What I did to watch the game was sign up for a month of the CBS sports online all-access (same thing as the video account on the St. Joseph's website) and used the coupon code "FREEMONTH10". This code gave me a free month of all-access video that I used to watch the game last night! I then canceled my subscription this morning since all the next games will be on feeds that I get. Now about the game...

I think we did a great job keeping up the tempo of the game. At times we forced early shots when there was no one to rebound or gave away balls on stupid passes, but I think this style of play, along with our ability to outwork teams under the basket, helped with this victory. My other key to winning games has always been making free throws. We are a team that will be getting fouled a lot, and converting on these opportunities can really snuff out a team. If we had made more FT against Cornell, they would not have been able to still hang around in game. Well thats all for now! I am excited to chat with you all about my favorite college sport!

Welcome aboard Kreegs!

Top Bottom