good news: penn state beats michigan state; keeps big ten title door open

It also puts a surging Penn State team in a tie with us for 3rd place.

The door is open for the Gophers but they still need some help. Right now Purdue and MSU are the to teams that control there place. It will be a huge task for Minnesota to win the title particully that they are done playing those ahead of them at home. But your right MSU, Purdue, Penn State, Minnesota, Illinios, maybe even OSU have a shot at a title.

The door is open for the Gophers but they still need some help. Right now Purdue and MSU are the to teams that control there place. It will be a huge task for Minnesota to win the title particully that they are done playing those ahead of them at home. But your right MSU, Purdue, Penn State, Minnesota, Illinios, maybe even OSU have a shot at a title.

@ MSU this week will tell us a lot. It either pulls us in to a tie for second or it makes it clear that barring a miracle we are just fighting for a first day bye at the BTT.

Well, both Purdue and MSU handled the Gophers pretty easily. I think I will reserve hope for the BT title until after I see how they do against MSU!

Well, both Purdue and MSU handled the Gophers pretty easily. I think I will reserve hope for the BT title until after I see how they do against MSU!

I agree. I'm not holding a whole lot of hope out for a Big Ten Title. I know we're only a game behind the top two but I still perceive that they are both better than we are. We still have to elevate our game to make me think a Big Ten Title is a possibility. The February schedule is very tough and if we're still in the race at the end of February I'll get excited.

Purdue, when healthy, has showed great defense with consistent offense and I think they are proving to be the team to beat in the Big Ten.

Mich St played so poorly down the stretch yesterday. With 9 minutes to go they were rushing their shots and taking the very first shot available. They didn't show any poise when they were down by a dozen. It seemed like they were an inexperienced team playing on the road. (They also didn't help themselves by missing about 4 point-blank shots in the final minutes.)

Well, both Purdue and MSU handled the Gophers pretty easily.

I'm not sure I would say that. Even getting almost doubled up on rebounds the Gophers were still close within about 6 or 7 minutes of the second half. I think if the Gophers can find a way to keep the rebounds close we'll have a good chance in this one.

I'm not sure I would say that. Even getting almost doubled up on rebounds the Gophers were still close within about 6 or 7 minutes of the second half. I think if the Gophers can find a way to keep the rebounds close we'll have a good chance in this one.

Not so much.

The February stretch of our schedule is rather tough with 5 out of 7 games on the road. Not saying a good record is impossible, but this team is still young (ie inconsistent) so we'll probably drop a few. But by all means, prove me wrong, gophers!

Amazing...

It's amazing to me that we are now in the position of even talking about a possible Big Ten title. Remember, this is still a VERY young team. We were all hoping for a NCAA tourney berth when this season started. I expect there will be some more bumps along the road this season and still think that a first-round bye in the Big Ten tourney and a NCAA appearance, while getting our young players experience, is a great accomplishment! I'll certainly be happy if they win the title, but I'm not expecting it.

The future is bright! Where are my shades...

Top Bottom