Good luck to Brew and Staff tonight!

The Big Event of the Year to date is tonight.

It's time to shock the recruiting world! Get it done Brew.

Strap yourself in the chair, and land the big kahuna.

Get it done Seantrel, make a huge splash nationally by staying in your own backyard. You are Golden!

What a huge statement this young man can make by staying home. I can only dream about having 2 book-end OT's for the next 4 years in SH and Gjere. Git er done, Coach!

We have been through this before!

It's a tradition in our state that the top football recruit in MN goes somewhere else. We have seen this scenerio played over and over again. People get their hopes up and it comes crashing down. There's about as much chance of Seantrel playing for MN as the Gopher baseball team winning the College World Series this year.

It's a tradition in our state that the top football recruit in MN goes somewhere else. We have seen this scenerio played over and over again. People get their hopes up and it comes crashing down. There's about as much chance of Seantrel playing for MN as the Gopher baseball team winning the College World Series this year.

"So you're saying we got a shot?" - Lloyd Christmas

Great set up for your "I told you so" by having this no way in hell opinion you can be ecstatic when he signs and if he does not sign you can say "see I told you so, the gophers never had a chance at him, we were only mentioned out of courtesy, we always lose out on the top recruits."

I believe he will be a Gopher, if not, then it is his lose, and Brewster did a great job trying and it just was not a good fit for Seantrel.

I can't wait for Wednesday! Get it done Brew!

I hope we land Seantrel!

I hope Seantrel comes here, but I know better, and he's going to OSU. That being said Brewster needs to find a way to make it happen. Great Coaches do great things. Make it happen Brew!

I hope Seantrel comes here, but I know better, and he's going to OSU. That being said Brewster needs to find a way to make it happen. Great Coaches do great things. Make it happen Brew!

If you hope for something but don't believe it will happen, is that really hope?

And if you know Seantrel is going to OSU perhaps you should let him know so he can cancel his meeting with Brewster and let him know he has nothing to think about over the next 2 days, I am sure he will be relieved that his mind has been made up for him.

Seantrel, stay home young man. Your opportunities here are limitless.

So my girlfriend's cousin's best friend goes to school with Henderson, and Henderson told him that after tonight there was no way in hell he's going to be a Gopher, and is leaning on becoming a Badger. The source is pretty reliable so take it for what it's worth.

The Badgers have less than no chance of landing Henderson.

So my girlfriend's cousin's best friend goes to school with Henderson, and Henderson told him that after tonight there was no way in hell he's going to be a Gopher, and is leaning on becoming a Badger. The source is pretty reliable so take it for what it's worth.

Hilarious! You are saying that Seantrel met with Coach Brewster tonight (and maybe is still meeting with him), and during that meeting something happened to turn Seantrel so off to the Gophers that he had to stop and call your girlfriend's cousin's best friend and tell him that he is now leaning towards a school that he never even considered going to? Very believable.

Hey bankoinit, did you know the word gullible is not in the dictionary? I swear, look it up.

Hey Art Vandelay, did you know that Gullible and Hopeful do not have the same meaning?

I just went to dictionary.com and gullible was not listed. WTF?

Wow I really cannot believe some people take posts drenched in sarcasm serious.

Wow I really cannot believe some people take posts drenched in sarcasm serious.

sorry, I saw that you were from Wisconsin and Badger fans are dumb enough to say that and actually believe what they are saying. My bad, I should have know that the Badgers already cooled on him

I am one of those who is holding out a lot of hope that he signs with the gophers on national signing day. However, part of me is thinking that he is meeting with Brewster tonight to let him know in a sort of formal way that he has cut his list down and the gophers didn't make the cut. I feel as if he is doing this out of generosity and wants to thank Brewster in person after his visit for all the hard work and hospitality he has contributed to his recruitment. I could and by all accounts hope to the gopher gods that my gut feeling is wrong, but that is the strange vibe I am getting from all of this.

I am one of those who is holding out a lot of hope that he signs with the gophers on national signing day. However, part of me is thinking that he is meeting with Brewster tonight to let him know in a sort of formal way that he has cut his list down and the gophers didn't make the cut. I feel as if he is doing this out of generosity and wants to thank Brewster in person after his visit for all the hard work and hospitality he has contributed to his recruitment. I could and by all accounts hope to the gopher gods that my gut feeling is wrong, but that is the strange vibe I am getting from all of this.

I could agree a little, but if this was the case I believe Brewster would already know that is the case and Brewster would have just called him on the phone and not wasted his time. Brewster has a lot to do recruiting wise and he could have better spent the time working the phones on people he believes he has a shot at getting rather than wasting his time with someone who is turning him down. My gut says Seantrel is still undecided and torn and this is time well spent and that we are still in it.

The SH saga will soon end. Speculation still continues as the SH family has kept any hint of a choice top secret.

It's interesting that Brew has the last allowed recruiting time with SH. That could be a very good sign or maybe just a promise SH made to the UM way back. Who knows. I also find it interesting that SH was with Brew & Co. at one of the last hoops games. If he isn't serious about MN, why would he string them along? And why would Brew waste his time? SH probably would have been at the Barn anyway. One would think that Brew would have looked SH straight in the eye and asked if he was coming or not. And that SH would have acknowledged. If so, I will see you Sunday night. If not, Brewster could have bowed out and be satisfied he gave it his best shot.

So what is the biggie about waiting to announce on Wednesday? A trip to NY, time on ESPN and time from school and his teammates must sound appealing. What does that gain SH? One can only imagine all the time this has taken, the distractions and personal time.

I find it hard to believe that SH has not decided at this point. If he hasn't, then I begin to wonder and feel sorry for the guy. And if he hasn't picked the UM, why carry this screwed up recruiting process up to the final second? And drag Brewster along with it?

Bayfieldgopher said:
And if he hasn't picked the UM, why carry this screwed up recruiting process up to the final second?

The money hasn't been deposited to his account yet. I kid. I kid.

Come on Seantrel!! Make us proud! Stay home!

It's interesting that Brew has the last allowed recruiting time with SH. That could be a very good sign or maybe just a promise SH made to the UM way back. Who knows. I also find it interesting that SH was with Brew & Co. at one of the last hoops games. If he isn't serious about MN, why would he string them along? And why would Brew waste his time? SH probably would have been at the Barn anyway. One would think that Brew would have looked SH straight in the eye and asked if he was coming or not. And that SH would have acknowledged. If so, I will see you Sunday night. If not, Brewster could have bowed out and be satisfied he gave it his best shot.

Bayfield, thank you for the post because it led me to think that the time Brewster has spent recruiting SH may have had a negative impact on the rest of this recruiting class. It seems Brewster has worked harder and spent more time recruiting SH than any other school. This has to have taken away from time he could have spent recruiting other top players. We have a very solid class coming in, but it is lacking any top 100 recruits. It seems Brewster is playing very well with the cards he's been dealt this year, and I have to think recruiting has suffered somewhat overall because of the time and resources the recruitment of one player has taken. This is an observation that may or may not be valid, but the question is an interesting one.

Bayfield, thank you for the post because it led me to think that the time Brewster has spent recruiting SH may have had a negative impact on the rest of this recruiting class. It seems Brewster has worked harder and spent more time recruiting SH than any other school. This has to have taken away from time he could have spent recruiting other top players. We have a very solid class coming in, but it is lacking any top 100 recruits. It seems Brewster is playing very well with the cards he's been dealt this year, and I have to think recruiting has suffered somewhat overall because of the time and resources the recruitment of one player has taken. This is an observation that may or may not be valid, but the question is an interesting one.

It's really not that interesting

Not true. The Badgers cooled on him.

Top Bottom