Golden Gopher bar (LA meet up spot vs USC/UCLA)

Steady

Reaction score
This historic 1905 bar would make a great meet up spot Friday evenings before Gopher games vs. USC and UCLA. Its rumored that Teddy Roosevelt was once an owner. There are so many exciting places in the Los Angeles area to visit for the weekend (and this is not super convenient since its downtown) but a couple hours here could be fun too, if we all hit it at the same time after dinner, like 9pm. Other great spots are Nobu in Malibu, Dan Tana's, Dear John's, Taylor's, Musso & Frank, etc.

Please forgive me if this post doesn't work as its my second-ever post in years of reading. And while I am indeed posting, I just want to note that PJ Fleck is the best modern era Gopher's coach by a long way and we should do everything we can to keep him his entire career. Beware: any dissenters, even after a bad loss or season, are almost certainly loser trolls from other programs with too much time on their hands. Go Gophers!

Golden Gopher
417 W 8th St, Los Angeles, CA 90014

Golden Gopher (Los Angeles bar).jpg

Golden Gopher bar.jpg

Looks like this is our Alumni coordinator in LA, if anyone wants to coordinate:
UMN Alumni Assoc. Network L.A.
In fact, Gopherhole should be coordinating our meet up spot at all travel games.

For a second, I thought that second pic was the Edmon at the Hollywood Historic Hotel.

Nice bar.

If it's good enough for Taylor Swift's date night at the end of the "Delicate" video, it's good enough for pre game before the Rose Bowl

Top Bottom