Gold Out vs. Wisconsin

Forgive me if I don't take as gospel the opinion of a person who thinks that, because fascism and communism are both largely totalitarian in nature, they are the same thing. I didn't just "read a whole book about it," I happen to have a degree in political science, despite your best efforts to belittle me. Nice job of characterizing me based on a few message board posts, too. Generally, when a person has nothing to contribute to a conversation, they go about attacking the other person's interests and/or credibility. You and the other tool have done a great job of making this about me, rather than the issue at hand. Great work. Btw, my "lifestyle" couldn't be further from the picture you've painted. I'm just a good ole simple farm boy from SD, and I've never been inside a thrift store (not that there's anything wrong with them), and I try to avoid Uptown at all costs. Further, if there's something wrong with appreciating authors like Orwell, then I'm the wrongest person you've ever seen.

I have every right to think this very concept is idiotic, just as many of you think it's the awesomest thing ever. I'm obviously not alone, as fellow dissenters have posted in this very thread - I'm just the most vocal. But you all go ahead and have a great big circle jerk about your ability to wear gold, and belittle others who choose to wear the "wrong" school color, and threaten physical violence against them. I may or may not wear gold to the Wisconsin game, but I can guarantee the mandates of the marketing department will have absolutely zero influence in my thought process.

I'm sure that political science degree took you great places too.

This thread is freaking unreal.

NOBODY IS FORCING YOU TO DO ANYTHING.

The Athletic Department is simply encouraging people to wear a single color as a show of unity for our team. If you don't have gold or it inconveniences you in some way, fine. If you are refusing to do it simply because the U suggested it, that is pathetic. If spite is truly reason, then I feel sorry for you because you must lead a very unhappy, unfulfilled life. I imagine your friends "IRL" would attest to that.

Is it just me that gets the image of Mr. Burns touching his fingertips together and saying "Excellent!" when picturing dpodoll68 sitting at the stadium decked out in maroon surrounded by people in gold? His sense of pride at "bucking the system" through the roof?

The Athletic Department is simply encouraging people to wear a single color as a show of unity for our team. If you don't have gold or it inconveniences you in some way, fine. If you are refusing to do it simply because the U suggested it, that is pathetic. If spite is truly reason, then I feel sorry for you because you must lead a very unhappy, unfulfilled life. I imagine your friends "IRL" would attest to that.

Is it just me that gets the image of Mr. Burns touching his fingertips together and saying "Excellent!" when picturing dpodoll68 sitting at the stadium decked out in maroon surrounded by people in gold? His sense of pride at "bucking the system" through the roof?

A-FU#KING-MEN! Thank you.

As I have stated many times before on this board, at the last "Gold Out" I was verbally accosted and threatened because I dared to wear maroon to the game. That is the biggest problem with this. People claim it creates unity. Rather, it disunites, creating yet another "us vs. them" mentality - the gold lemmings on the one side, the people who dare to wear the "wrong" school color on the other.

Having animosity between fans is fine. But, silly me, I thought it was supposed to be Minnesota vs. Wisconsin, not golds vs. maroons.

I love this thread, the unintentional comedy is at it's highest!!

Keep firing a$$holes!!

As I have stated many times before on this board, at the last "Gold Out" I was verbally accosted and threatened because I dared to wear maroon to the game. That is the biggest problem with this.
Stuffed in too many lockers when you were younger, eh?

I love this thread, the unintentional comedy is at it's highest!!

Keep firing a$$holes!!

What about any of this says "unintentional"? If you don't think this is purposeful comedy for me and the rest of the readers, you're wrong. As Cheech would say: "This is good sh*t!"

I always find when someome tells you they will not be talking to you, taking your calls or responding anymore, instead of just actually doing it, it's usually a cry for attention. Like when I was a freshman in college having problems with my girlfriend, I would call her and say, "I'm not gonna be talking to you for awhile." This was done more for a reaction than anything else. In actuality, silence is way more powerful than TALKING about silence.

So Dollboy, thanks on behalf of all the right-minded folks on GH for allowing me to silence you via your announced silence towards me.

Silence is Golden! (pun intended)

I always find when someome tells you they will not be talking to you, taking your calls or responding anymore, instead of just actually doing it, it's usually a cry for attention. Like when I was a freshman in college having problems with my girlfriend, I would call her and say, "I'm not gonna be talking to you for awhile." This was done more for a reaction than anything else. In actuality, silence is way more powerful than TALKING about silence.

So Dollboy, thanks on behalf of all the right-minded folks on GH for allowing me to silence you via your announced silence towards me.

Silence is Golden! (pun intended)

Agreed.

I wonder how much good reasoning will do with this guy; he is in his own little world up on Cloud 9.

I would tell this guy to shut the f*ck up, but it's hard to stop an @sshole from sh*tting all over what it hovers above...

I want to stop following this thread.....but I can't turn away.

You guys ought to start a Hall of Fame (Shame) Board. I hereby nominate this thread as its first entry.

You guys ought to start a Hall of Fame (Shame) Board. I hereby nominate this thread as its first entry.

I completely agree, this thread might be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board.

dumb_and_dumber_ver1.jpg

Top Bottom