Go Fund Me For Gopher Recruits NIL

Nice idea but very anonymous. No accountability and no who are we information...if we had something like that run by Pete Najarian or Lou Nanne I think it'd do well.

I think more specificity would be good...fund for O-Line specifically, fund for Jameson Battle, fund for incoming big time football recruit etc Don't think my $10 a month spread out amongst a thousand athletes is too exciting or even my $1000.

Needs a spokesperson most people know or could research and accreditation...law firm ...something.

Nice idea but very anonymous. No accountability and no who are we information...if we had something like that run by Pete Najarian or Lou Nanne I think it'd do well.

I think more specificity would be good...fund for O-Line specifically, fund for Jameson Battle, fund for incoming big time football recruit etc Don't think my $10 a month spread out amongst a thousand athletes is too exciting or even my $1000.

Needs a spokesperson most people know or could research and accreditation...law firm ...something.
I think that the clincher would be to make it so that the fund must be matched by corporations that want to use player names with their products. So if I'm a local business owner and want to do a $20,000 promotion and there is a fund like this that will match it and the player gets 40k....then it feels more legit. Not sure on the rules so....

Good ideas, but I was thinking about using the money in a more focused way as a sort of signing bonus to individual 4 and 5 star recruits rather than spreading this money across all the athletes. Think that we land more top 100 players this way. An initial payment of 50k to 100k sounds more appealing to me than a recurring salary of sorts. I anticipate that amount is what will be necessary to compete for the top talent in this new environment.

Is this what college sports have become?
Where have you been? College Basketball throws around money like a Columbian drug lord. The coaches make millions, universities turn a profit, universities get free PR worth millions, networks, stadium sponsorships (in the 8 figure range), advertising on everything from TV to the stairs/floor you walk on, large cities vying for tournaments.

The pure college experience died in 1901 when they started paying coaches. What do the players get now? - Move over Jimmy, we need to squeeze one more person into this Sociology 101 class so Mr Basketball 2019 can get his fair scholarship trade (don't tell anyone it costs us next to nothing).

Actually, it is a travesty that it has taken so long. I like Ben and am happy he gets paid 2M a year but would be happier if he gave 75k of his salary per player on the roster.

Where have you been? College Basketball throws around money like a Columbian drug lord. The coaches make millions, universities turn a profit, universities get free PR worth millions, networks, stadium sponsorships (in the 8 figure range), advertising on everything from TV to the stairs/floor you walk on, large cities vying for tournaments.

The pure college experience died in 1901 when they started paying coaches. What do the players get now? - Move over Jimmy, we need to squeeze one more person into this Sociology 101 class so Mr Basketball 2019 can get his fair scholarship trade (don't tell anyone it costs us next to nothing).

Actually, it is a travesty that it has taken so long. I like Ben and am happy he gets paid 2M a year but would be happier if he gave 75k of his salary per player on the roster.
I’m specifically referring to fans (not boosters, mind you) crowd sourcing money to help land recruits.

The schools and system generate profit from our ticket sales and cable subscriptions. Now we also get to pay the players directly too?! I’ll switch over to watch a professional sports model that can support itself before I contribute to fundraising a signing bonus.

Speaking of professional sports, NBA playoffs are here… Best athletes in the world on a truly competitive stage. Come on Giannis!

I’m specifically referring to fans (not boosters, mind you) crowd sourcing money to help land recruits.

The schools and system generate profit from our ticket sales and cable subscriptions. Now we also get to pay the players directly too?! I’ll switch over to watch a professional sports model that can support itself before I contribute to fundraising a signing bonus.

Speaking of professional sports, NBA playoffs are here… Best athletes in the world on a truly competitive stage. Come on Giannis!
While I agree that it should should be self sustaining, the current rules don't allow for the colleges to pay the players directly. This implies that either businesses or individuals need to put up money if they want anything other than three star recruits until the rules are changed. If you aren't willing to contribute then there's no complaining that we can't land any big names. This is just the nature of the NCAA right now and I happen to think that having some ownership in the fate of our team is a good thing.

While I agree that it should should be self sustaining, the current rules don't allow for the colleges to pay the players directly. This implies that either businesses or individuals need to put up money if they want anything other than three star recruits until the rules are changed. If you aren't willing to contribute then there's no complaining that we can't land any big names. This is just the nature of the NCAA right now and I happen to think that having some ownership in the fate of our team is a good thing.
Respectfully, I will continue to invest my money into my two year old’s college fund, and I will continue to complain about recruiting with the best of them. This is the ncaa’s problem to fix, not mine.

Is this what college sports have become?
They already were.

It was (is) under the table. Just bringing it above.

There is always DIII college athletics, if that's the more idealized experience you're looking for.

I'm just curious at what price point do I get full access to the team and decisions (both strategy and playing time decisions) made in practice, games and during the recruiting process. I mean, if I'm spending a million to make sure Joe Stud is on our team, I'm going to want to have a say on how much playing time he gets and make sure he's having enough plays called for him to make sure he's highlighted enough to be properly showcased, which will benefit my business interests. :)

I'm just curious at what price point do I get full access to the team and decisions (both strategy and playing time decisions) made in practice, games and during the recruiting process. I mean, if I'm spending a million to make sure Joe Stud is on our team, I'm going to want to have a say on how much playing time he gets and make sure he's having enough plays called for him to make sure he's highlighted enough to be properly showcased, which will benefit my business interests. :)
Easy there Jerry Jones

Top Bottom