Glad to see...

NateDawgUM

bored with recruiting talk
Reaction score
...people changing their minds about Jerry Kill after cooling down.

I have a been a big fan of him since well before Brewster was fired.

His teams love to pound the ball, but aren't afraid to spread it out and throw.

His defenses are swarming and aggressive which we haven't played around here since I've been a fan. He seems to be a smart, well prepared coach with the work ethic to get the job done. He's not going to make excuses and his personality will fit with Minnesotans.

You can't go wrong with a guy that wins at every stop. His 2-3 record against the Big Ten while at Northern Illinois is impressive and he was within a touchdown in every game.

I think the average fan is in for a pleasant surprise as we transform into a consistently competitive Big Ten team.

I remember making a thread a month ago about Kill and it had many responses saying things like, "Of the realistic candidates, Kill is my favorite." Then we had a meltdown yesterday, and I was kind of surprised.

Nice post.

Was going to start my own thread about the schizophrenic board, but this is a much more constructive way of doing it. Suffice it to say, Kill hit a home run during his presser today. I was skeptical (always supportive, though), but he's got me pretty excited now. It will be great to see Gray run this offense and get some disciplined, fundamental football back on campus.

Cudos to You Guys who Listed Kill

...people changing their minds about Jerry Kill after cooling down.

I have a been a big fan of him since well before Brewster was fired.

His teams love to pound the ball, but aren't afraid to spread it out and throw.

His defenses are swarming and aggressive which we haven't played around here since I've been a fan. He seems to be a smart, well prepared coach with the work ethic to get the job done. He's not going to make excuses and his personality will fit with Minnesotans.

You can't go wrong with a guy that wins at every stop. His 2-3 record against the Big Ten while at Northern Illinois is impressive and he was within a touchdown in every game.

I think the average fan is in for a pleasant surprise as we transform into a consistently competitive Big Ten team.

Congratulations on your insight into what a really good coach Jerry Kill is. Your assessment of him and his record was spot on.
Buck, you also nailed it. Good job.

I became convinced about 2 weeks ago he was as good as Brady Hoke only without the big buyout. He is still well regarded by all the schools and their fans whereever he has coached. I am very pleased about his hire.

The Northern Ill. - Minnesota Game This Fall

I remember making a thread a month ago about Kill and it had many responses saying things like, "Of the realistic candidates, Kill is my favorite." Then we had a meltdown yesterday, and I was kind of surprised.

Sitting in the stands back then, I realized about mid-first quarter, the game was already over. Brewster's team was in way over their heads against Coach Kill's group. I kept hoping the Gophers could find a way to win but they were clearly overmatched. Suffice it to say, we've now got the better of the deal between these two men.

I didn't think Kill had a chance to get a major job because of health concerns. I apparently, was wrong. Completely. Not even close, unless this is all one of the nefarious Mr. Maturi's evil plans for world domination.

Mull that over..

Top Bottom