Gjere and Michigan

Handsome Pete

Wartime Hero Fool
Reaction score
Maybe I'm losing my mind again (I'm still not right after the Iowa game) but wasn't it speculated on here that Gjere is a huge Michigan fan and would commit there if offered? There was some kind of family connection to Michigan, I believe.

I'm sure this commitment is solid but I had always tempered my enthusiasm about this guy based on those Michigan comments I believe someone posted here.

Maybe I'm losing my mind again (I'm still not right after the Iowa game) but wasn't it speculated on here that Gjere is a huge Michigan fan and would commit there if offered? There was some kind of family connection to Michigan, I believe.

I'm sure this commitment is solid but I had always tempered my enthusiasm about this guy based on those Michigan comments I believe someone posted here.

Well if so, then why wouldn't he simply wait for a Mich. offer, or, conversely, why wouldn't DickRod be out there quickly on his doorsteps? Seems solid to me.

Well if so, then why wouldn't he simply wait for a Mich. offer, or, conversely, why wouldn't DickRod be out there quickly on his doorsteps? Seems solid to me.

Which is why I said the commitment seemed solid to me too. Or didn't you read that part?

Which is why I said the commitment seemed solid to me too. Or didn't you read that part?

Just trying to help you not lose your mind (you said "maybe I'm losing my mind on this but...").

I've read posts where people believe his mother is an alumna of Michigan but I've never actually read anything where Gjere mentioned the Wolverines.

yes.......it was never said he would go to michigan

it was said he wouldnt go to ohio state because his mom went to michigan and just despises the buckeyes

dont ya just love moms

yes.......it was never said he would go to michigan

it was said he wouldnt go to ohio state because his mom went to michigan and just despises the buckeyes

dont ya just love moms

I guess this is correct. I actually un-lazied myself for 5 seconds and went through all the old posts. It was said that Gjere's mom went to Michigan and one person actually said "If Michigan offers, Gjere is gone." That sounds like an overstatement. I'm sure Gjere's commitment is solid.

Even if Gjere's mom went to Michigan, she works on campus at the U. I'm sure she isn't sporting Michigan sweaters at work.

I am always hesitant about guys that commit this early - but it's my women's intuition (or gut feeling), that Gjere will be a Gopher. I look at him as a Moses Alipate - not for one second, did I ever think Moses would waiver in his commitment, he bleeds maroon and gold, and I see Jimmy the same way. He grew up loving the Gophers, and as for his Mom - when I spoke with her, she could of not of been any happier. I also think the whole family has been surprised and happy about how Gopher fans have received his commitment.

I think it will all depend if he does take his visits, at this point, he doesn't intend to - but if another school can convince him, I think it's anyone's game. Anytime you take your officials, regardless of where you think you're going to go, things could change.

I could be totally off on this, and if so, I'll eat my words...but I hope I don't have to.

I am always hesitant about guys that commit this early - but it's my women's intuition (or gut feeling), that Gjere will be a Gopher. I look at him as a Moses Alipate - not for one second, did I ever think Moses would waiver in his commitment, he bleeds maroon and gold, and I see Jimmy the same way. He grew up loving the Gophers, and as for his Mom - when I spoke with her, she could of not of been any happier. I also think the whole family has been surprised and happy about how Gopher fans have received his commitment.

I think it will all depend if he does take his visits, at this point, he doesn't intend to - but if another school can convince him, I think it's anyone's game. Anytime you take your officials, regardless of where you think you're going to go, things could change.

I could be totally off on this, and if so, I'll eat my words...but I hope I don't have to.

I, too, am normally wary of early commits. I am heartened by the fact Brewster and company did a good job last year holding onto them. We lost Eric Stephens (who never seemed that solid to begin with) but that was about it. Hasan Lipscomb was a four-star guy who committed early, had no ties to the area, and kept his commitment through to the end. Same with Keise.

But, of course, GL has actually spoken to Gjere about the commitment. That gives her intuition far greater weight than mine (or anyone else's).

In state early commitments don't worry me nearly as much as out of state early commitments.

Top Bottom